Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
R

• 

8 Messages

Mon, Jun 1, 2020 7:38 PM

buy a sim

all I want to do is buy a sim,not a plan,not pre-paid,nothing,I have an account,just want to buy a sim,easy right,,,not even close,the site is a joke

Responses

JBayudang

Associated Member

• 

295 Messages

a month ago

Please call AT&T so they can process an order for a simcard. Please let them know that you only wanted a simcard.
*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

8 Messages

number??

JBayudang

Associated Member

• 

295 Messages

800-288-2020
*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

8 Messages

nope called that number plus 800-331-0500,800-866-1514,800-662-4548,800-901-9878,866-608-3007,800-288-2020 all no goes,,,,

JBayudang

Associated Member

• 

295 Messages

Waiting on hold might take longer than usual due to number of calls in queue. Please wait patiently.

• 

8 Messages

@JBayudang nope,not possible,they do not have the ability to sell

JBayudang

Associated Member

• 

295 Messages

That's impossible. Anyone who take phone calls for AT&T wireless service will be able to process an order for a new sim.

• 

8 Messages

try it,you will be surprised,,,you cannot get a sim without a plan,period,over the phone.

JBayudang

Associated Member

• 

295 Messages

You mentioned that you already have an account, so technically you already have a plan... why need for another plan? Unless your account is a cancelled account and that you have no existing active postpaid account, you really can't a simcard.

• 

8 Messages

there is no need for another plan,as I have 2 now,the sim will be an extra in case of stolen or lost phone,as it is under the current climate,it will take me 2 to 3 weeks to procure a new sim,a sim in hand is better then no phone,,,

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.4K Messages

a month ago

You can call 611 from your phone. But if you want to make it simple and easy and not have to deal with AT&T is idiotic phone tree, don't order from AT&T
You can purchase an AT&T 3 in 1 SIM card online and have it shipped to you from Best Buy, eBay, Amazon, and probably Walmart, Target.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

Hello. I see that I can buy a Prepaid sim card in Best Buy and other stores. Will it work on postpaid accounts?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

39K Messages

No. A prepaid sim will only work on prepaid. If you need a replacement sim for a postpaid line, go to an ATT store.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

8 Messages

@lizdance40 problem is,I am currently in Canada,,,,,

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.4K Messages

At&t will not ship out of USA, and I don't know whether you can even activate an AT&T SIM card in Canada even though your plan May provide service in Canada.
You can order a SIM card from eBay or Amazon. It does have to be the correct SIM card for your plan. There is no guarantee you're going to be able to activate it because you are not connected to the AT&T network when you are out of the USA.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

• 

8 Messages

I ended up buying a 10 dollar sim from Walmart and a friend will mail it to me,I already have service with AT&T this sim is only for emergency replacement,ie,lost stolen phone.

Get started...

Ask a new question