Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
T_K's profile

• 

5 Messages

Tue, May 24, 2022 11:06 PM

Blacklisted MR5100

Who do I contact to find out why my Netgear MR5100 is blacklisted? And if it isn't my fault is it possible to get it un-blacklisted (or is that called whitelisted)?

ACE - Sage

• 

98.6K Messages

3分前

Did you do an imei check to see if it is blacklisted? 

Removing it depends on why, how and who blacklisted it. 

• 

5 Messages

3分前

When I called the AT&T number on the MR5100, they couldn't help - told me to go to an AT&T store. So I tried that, he told me that they couldn't do anything from there. So a contact number is needed.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.6K Messages

3分前

It's not like 80 and she has a whole bunch of contact numbers

Your answer doesn't make any sense. Did you buy it from a t & t? Did you buy it from a third party?    If you bought it from a third-party, is it possible they are the ones who blacklisted it?

• 

5 Messages

2分前

A check with imei24.com shows it blacklisted on the AT&T network. The MR5100 had been working fine. Had to change providers, went with KTSMobile, big mistake. Either they had it blacklisted (even though they received payment via Paypal), or AT&T found the sim to be for a phone/tablet and blacklisted it themselves. Called AT&T again and since I didn't have the account number or password they couldn't tell me what happened. Have tried getting hold of KTSMobile with no success. Waiting on Paypal for their decision on the last payment.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

98.6K Messages

2分前

@T_K

What the?  🤦🏼‍♀️

If an IMEI is blacklisted it means that the device has been reported lost or stolen and it cannot be used on any network.

So OF COURSE it can't work on KTS. 

You are fumbling around and not paying any attention to the questions I'm asking you, wasting money trying to use a blacklisted device.   

• 

5 Messages

2分前

You aren't listening. The device can be blacklisted for a number of reasons. The original owner did not report it stolen or lost. Other reasons include non-payment and using a phone/tablet sim in a hotpot (this is according to AT&T). What I am trying to find out is the cause of the blacklist. AT&T has not been helpful as I told you in the earlier post. And it worked using a KTSMobile sim for a number of month (on the AT&T network). So unless you have something positive to add to this thread, please stop responding to this thread.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

58.8K Messages

2分前

Nope, a device will not be blacklisted for “using a phone/tablet sim in a hotpot”. The SIM card may be blocked if used in an unsupported device, but the device will not be blacklisted. So do you still have a KTSMobile SIM card? If so, do you have a data only plan specifically for a hotspot device? If not, it sounds like the unsupported use finally got flagged and your SIM card was deactivated, not the device blacklisted.

• 

5 Messages

2分前

I was told by an AT&T employee that it could be blacklisted for that reason. I still have the sim, but while it will connect to the tower it will not transfer data. The plan I paid for was enterprise business for a hotspot. The IMEI check for the AT&T network shows it as blacklisted, the check for the GSMa shows it clean.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

58.8K Messages

2分前

I was told by an AT&T employee that it could be blacklisted for that reason.

That doesn’t mean they are right, that is not what the blacklist is supposed to be used for. Besides, if the device were truly blacklisted, you shouldn’t be able to connect to a tower at all. I’m not sure what a blacklisted hotspot normally shows but a blacklisted phone gets “blocked from network use” and never connects. It really sounds like a plan or SIM card issue and you need to contact KTSMobile for that. Even if it really did get blacklisted, KTSMobile would still be who you need to go through. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.