Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
Troubleshoot your device issues
Ainars's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, September 26th, 2016 1:00 PM

Blackberry Priv (unlocked) not updating with AT&T prepaid card in AT&T network

I live the European Union. I bought a Blackberry Priv (AT&T unlocked) on eBay. It was delivered to my friend's house who lives in Michigan, USA. He is leaving America for Europe in a few days.

After reading these forums I understood that the great bargain was actually a bad deal. I informed him about updating problems I will have in Europe. He tried to update without a SIM card and got an answer: ""No update is available for your device at this time. Please try again in 24 hours."

Then he purchased an AT&T sim card and one month's phone service for 25 USD. At home he made sure it is registered in AT&T network by trying to make a call.

After that he tried to request an update, by tapping Settings > About > System update > Check for update. Every time he receives an answer: ""No update is available for your device at this time. Please try again in 24 hours." After 24 hours - the same.

The phone has Android 5.1.1 on it, so there should be 8 updates.

What is wrong? What should I do to get updates while my friend is still in the USA?

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

6 years ago

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you, GLIMMERMAN76!  I've already read about this option in this forum. I will do it in Europe if everything fails in the USA. The reason for wasting 25 USD was to avoid flashing on my own. Honestly speaking, I'm a bit afraid of bricking my phone.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

My friend did the factory reset, registered for BB account, signed into Google Account, received all app updates, restarted, made a call to be totally sure he's in the AT&T network...

And only then tried to request the firmware update...

and FAIL. No updates available 😞

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Ainars

gophone is last in line to get updates just a fyi...  Thats why I posted the autoloader.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.