Troubleshoot your device issues
Toner37's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, March 11th, 2015 1:25 PM

Blackberry Passport GPS signal loss

I am losing my GPS signal and unable to use the Blackberry Navigation app.  Navigation freezes up and lags behind because of GPS signal.  When I turn off my Mobile Network it work perfectly.  I have been read that it may be an issue with the GPS and the LTE Network.  Is anyone else having this same problem?  Are there any fixes for it?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I read in other blogs that this is a software problem between 10.3 and the 4 G LTE of AT&T. I hope they will have a solution to this issue real SOON.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I got Passport week and a half ago (moved up from Z10) and the GPS has been a total disaster.

The navigation just gets stuck for several minutes at a time and a red cross-hair dot appears in the right hand corner of the screen (I assume this icon represents a loss of GPS signal?)

I tried using the GPS in multiple geographical areas (Northeast, Midwest, Northwest, Canada) and always the same outcome - lags completely behind and updates only sporadically.

This is such a problem that I am considering to ditch Passport and going back to Z10, which never had any issues with the GPS.

Very disappointing for a high-end phone targeted at a tiny population of hard-core Blackberry fans who need this phone to just work.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I just got off the phone with ATT Tech Support. They don't see any documented cases or anything from Blackberry. I have the exact same issues with any program that uses the GPS radio (yelp, waze, poynt, facebook , foursquare, maps, etc...). Signal comes and goes. I've tried everything including factory reset. Something is clearly broken here. I assumed GPS was satellite based not carrier tower based unless they are providing a GPS service?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Follow the link below to the Crackberry website. I had to download an OS software update to correct the issue. It was a challenge but I was able to do it and everything works perfectly now on my Passport. It is disappointing that AT&T has no clue of the problem. Good Luck and I hope this helps. It worked for me. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-passport-f434/blackberry-aware-passport-t-gps-troubles-1005664/#post11478707

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Tried with sachesi. Looks like all went well but upon reboot it still showed the original at&t release and the GPS issue is still present.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.