secinv

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Sat, Mar 23, 2019 4:21 PM

Blackberry Key2

Is AT&T going to offer the Blackberry Key2 for sale? Can you please advise.

I currently have the Blackberry Classic and thinking of upgrading.

Thank you,

Stephen

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

QuarryRye

ACE - Master

• 

3.2K Messages

a year ago

Probably not. If you want it that badly, you can buy it unlocked from other sellers and add it as a bring-your-own-device.

**Disclaimer: I don't work for AT&T, have never worked for AT&T, and have never been compensated by them in any way, shape, or form**
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

a year ago

@secinv wrote:

Is AT&T going to offer the Blackberry Key2 for sale? Can you please advise.

I currently have the Blackberry Classic and thinking of upgrading.

Thank you,

Stephen

You can buy it from Best Buy or Amazon...

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/blackberry-key2-le-with-64gb-memory-cell-phone-unlocked-atomic/6314638.p?skuId=6314638

https://blackberrymobile.com/us/product/blackberry-key2-le/#buy-now

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

75K Messages

a year ago

Not a chance. They took a chance on the Keyone and it didn’t sell well at all. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

secinv

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

a year ago

Thank you for rendering this opinion.

secinv

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

a year ago

Okay, this would be an option. I am in no rush to replace my Blackberry Classic, so just starting to research other Blackberry's for a good replacement.

Thank you,

Stephen

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

a year ago

@secinv wrote:

Okay, this would be an option. I am in no rush to replace my Blackberry Classic, so just starting to research other Blackberry's for a good replacement.

Thank you,

Stephen

Just remember you are buying a android blackberry..  Your using a classic that has BB os and they no longer use it in phones.

secinv

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

a year ago

Yes, understand that it is powered by Android and not BB OS. I have read some good reviews and leaning toward the Key2.

Thank you,

Stephen

secinv

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

a year ago

I have watched some of the techreviews from CNET and others on youtube and it appears to be a good Blackberry. My issue with my AT&T Blackberry Classic is the BB browser is not performing as it did when purchased over three years ago. It is also very slow. 

secinv

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

a year ago

Hello everyone,

I just ordered the Blackberry Key2 and should be here in a few days. It is an AT&T compatible phone.

Thank you,

Stephen

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

a year ago

@secinv wrote:

Hello everyone,

I just ordered the Blackberry Key2 and should be here in a few days. It is an AT&T compatible phone.

Thank you,

Stephen

Just remember you don't get advanced features like wifi calling and advance messaging or VoLTE.  Its compatible but not with advance features.

joeldf

ACE - Guru

• 

469 Messages

a year ago

As long as you are sure you got the BBF100-2 model,

- Joel
secinv

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

a year ago

I am expecting it this afternoon and will call AT&T when it is in my hands to start setting it up. We will see how it goes, once I initiate the new Blackberry. I currently have a Blackberry Classic.

Thank you,

Stephen

QuarryRye

ACE - Master

• 

3.2K Messages

a year ago

Good to hear you got the phone. Hope the setup goes okay. I'd be interested to see what advantages the Blackberry Key2 has over an Android phone like the Samsung Galaxy S10.

**Disclaimer: I don't work for AT&T, have never worked for AT&T, and have never been compensated by them in any way, shape, or form**
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

a year ago

@QuarryRye wrote:

Good to hear you got the phone. Hope the setup goes okay. I'd be interested to see what advantages the Blackberry Key2 has over an Android phone like the Samsung Galaxy S10.

@QuarryRye 

Security is the only thing the key 2 has over any highend android phone.  Its a mid range phone so the s10 and it are not even in the same class.  I was sent one to try when it came out.  The 636 SOC is not that bad really.  Its a nice phone just to slow for what I do on a day to day basis.  For @secinv it will be night and day compared to his classic.

secinv

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

a year ago

Hello everyone,

I just received it yesterday and now still setting it up and learning about the functions. I am quite impressed so far and a big difference from the Blackberry Classic that I have been using since 2015 or so. I have been a blackberry end user since 2002 or so. The device is much more secure than probably any other cell phone on the market though.

I will comment more in the coming weeks or so.

Thank you,

Stephen

Massachusetts