Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
P

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Jan 16, 2020 2:26 PM

ATT Wireless Internet and router

We have the ATT wireless internet at our second home. The internet works fine there, however, the Wifi signal from the modem was rather weak for our security cameras to work.

I installed a router connected to the modem. Cameras pick up fine. The whole system works fine for a couple of days, then the router loses connection to the modem. During this time the modem’s internal WiFi is still able to be connected to.

In order to get everything working you must do a hard reset on the modem. I’ve tried two different routers and both do the same thing. I turned off the internal WiFi of the modem, and left Ethernet cable to the router and again, internet lasts for about 2-3 days and then router loses connection.

We are about an hour away, so not entirely feasible to go there every couple of days just to reset modem. Is there any settings that may cause this issue, or is the modem not compatible with an external router?

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.4K Messages

10 months ago

You did not include any information on which equipment you are having a problem with. Makes and models

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Sorry about that. The modem is the IFWA-40 and the router currently is the netgear 7000p

• 

3 Messages

any ideas?

Get started...

Ask a new question