Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
MsScarlett0's profile

• 

7 Messages

Thu, May 5, 2022 10:37 PM

Att wireless home phone no longer working

I have an att wireless home phone ( black box) that stopped working on 03/10/2022.    Att sent me a new box  about 6 months ago telling me the equipment i had wouldn't work after 3 g was gone.   The new box worked fine until 03/10/2022

Since then, i've received a new sim card, a new black box, an additional sim card.    I have a dial tone and a the lights are all lit that says i have a signal, however, i can not make an out going call.  This is a phone we use for work and we can not return client calls.   

I have made easily 20 calls to ATT 'advanced technical support'   Have opened two cases and talked to a bunch of people who tell me it will be fixed in 24 hours but now its' two months and we still can't make a call

does anyone have this issue? 

• 

6 Messages

3 m前

MsScarlett0, when I first tried to activate my new IFWA-40, I spent weeks of phone tag with AT&T reps trying to get it activated. It was an exercise in futility. By reading the forums here, I gathered enough information that I was able to finally get it activated and working. I still have some reliability issues, but that we think is related to the new AT&T cell tower in our area. They are working on resolving that.

My biggest issue was caused when AT&T telephone representative sent me to an AT&T Corporate store, multiple times. Both times, that store removed the installed SIM, and installed one of their in-stock activation SIMs. That first visit started days of activation failures. The original SIM that comes factory installed in the device is the correct SIM that is designed for that unit.

Put that original SIM back into the device, then call 800-331-0500 and be sure to tell the representative exactly which device you have, that you want activated or re-activated. If they do not understand, read them the AT&T SKU# from the label on the bottom of the box the device came in! Once they know the device type, they can begin the activation process. They will need the IMEI number and ICCID (SIM card #) from the same label on the bottom of that box. If the original SIM card was not saved from the trash can at the AT&T store, AT&T can send you a replacement. It'll come on a card like this one for my IFWA-40...(ICCID Redacted)

With that information, or a new SIM installed, they should be able to provision your device for proper operation once again.

Bob

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.