Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Troubleshoot your device issues
N

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jan 19, 2021 12:34 PM

AT&T Whitelist - BlackBerry KeyOne, Priv, but no Key2?

Hi all,

Very peculiar question I can't find an answer to online.

I've been using a BlackBerry Key2 since release, first on AT&T, then Cricket.

With Cricket's ridiculously small whitelist, I wanted to move back to AT&T, only to discover that the KeyOne and Priv are on the list, but not the newer Key2.

Aside from the egregious fact a whitelist exists, any chance AT&T will add this in?

Many thanks.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.7K Messages

2年前

If AT&T didn't sell it, it's out when 3g shuts down.  The keyone was a last minute addition, it didn't sell well. 

BB is defunct, so none will have long on any carrier

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

2年前

That doesn't make any sense.

AT&T doesn't sell any Sony phones or even the Essential phone, but yet they are whitelisted.

• 

1 Message

2年前

I have not understood it yet.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.7K Messages

2年前

You don’t have to understand it.   

Any phone that doesn’t support AT&T use version of voice over LTE/HD voice will cease to work when 3G shuts down. They are already being excluded from activation.  

It is AT&T’s choice to include phones that it sold and others it chooses, and exclude phones it did not sell.
 BB is defunct.  Any of it’s unlocked or old 3g/non VoLTE phones will cease to work when 3g shuts down.  

The list has been changing on a regular basis and adding new phones.     Some manufacturers are paying to be included (certified), like Sony which has been on the outs with US carriers for nearly a decade.  

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.