Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
gchq's profile
gchq
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

• 

37 Messages

Fri, Apr 22, 2022 7:58 PM

AT&T Website - errors, errors, errors...

Is anyone else having problems with the AT&T website?

Making a payment has not been possible for days and 'Manage my Device' has not worked for months!

ACE - Sage

• 

98.6K Messages

4 m前

Do you have unified billing? 

gchq

• 

37 Messages

4 m前

@formerlyknownas 

Thank you for your response. I have no idea what unified billing might be (it is one bill for four phones), but have paid online since dinosaurs roamed the earth - pay - select card - total balance - done. It kicked off like this a few months ago, and then corrected itself - now it's back and has been like it for several days.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.6K Messages

4 m前

Unified building would be billing for services other than a single type of service. For example you have wireless + U-verse or Home Security or home phone.

If the only service you have is AT&T cell phones then you should not be on a unified bill. 

If you are outside of the United States, being blocked from access is normal.

If you are regularly unable to login with your alphanumeric password, clearing your history and cookies may resolve. 

Using your mobile device and logging in on the myATT application should also work. 

gchq

• 

37 Messages

4 m前

@formerlyknownas 

If you are outside of the United States, being blocked from access is normal.

Nope - in the US, using the same PC/Browser config as always

If you are regularly unable to login with your alphanumeric password, clearing your history and cookies may resolve. 

Logging in is not a problem - double authentication gets a little annoying when it's from the same device every month, but logging in is fine.

Using your mobile device and logging in on the myATT application should also work. 

I only use my phones for calls and texts - no apps and very rarely web connection.

Chatting to support has done nothing.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.6K Messages

4 m前

When are you logging in, in relationship to the end of your bill cycle? There are about  four or five days where your bill is not yet produced and you may not be able to get access to your bill or usage details. Those few days are right after your bill closes and before your new bill has been produced. For example if your bill cycle ends on the 20th of the month, you would not have access to Bill or usage till the 24th or 25th. Is it possible you are trying to login during those four or five days?

gchq

• 

37 Messages

4 m前

@formerlyknownas 

When are you logging in, in relationship to the end of your bill cycle?

It's been around the same time every month for years - probably a decade or more. The amount is showing but clicking on 'Pay Bill' (or whatever the button is) has resulted in the same error for several days

gchq

• 

37 Messages

4 m前

As an update - tried again today, same errors. Went onto chat again. Progressed through four different agents culminating in supervisor - reduced the bill by $150 but no solution other than we should have it fixed in 24 hours (which is what they said two days ago). 

I would find it hard to believe I am the only one experiencing this issue.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.6K Messages

4 m前

That's worthy of an FCC complaint. 

gchq

• 

37 Messages

4 m前

@formerlyknownas 

That's worthy of an FCC complaint. 

As you may know (4G not working thread) I am a f'ing pain in the (Edited per community guidelines) when it comes to certain things, but I would rather try to work with a supplier to resolve a problem.

Support agents have with this, and my 4G VoLTE on AT&T issue, always been very responsive - always - but seem to hit a corporate brick wall once it escalates. It's a corporate culture problem that flows down and paying fines is now just perceived as a cost of doing business. It changes nothing. We need to target the culture and get back to true customer service

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

98.6K Messages

4 m前

There is a time to be a pain in the rear. And this is a valid complaint. 

And this is really not a big deal. Routine complaints to the FCC are appropriate.  You will get a call from somebody at A T & T who is capable of fixing the problem

gchq

• 

37 Messages

4 m前

@formerlyknownas 

You will get a call from somebody at A T & T who is capable of fixing the problem

Why should it take an FCC complaint to get a response from AT&T? Isn't that the problem we need to resolve?

Technically the failure of the AT&T website in allowing customers to pay their bills or configure their own phones might be out of the range of the FCC as they govern the actual connection. Could be wrong, but looks like a grey area to me.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.6K Messages

4 m前

When you call AT&T you may get a international call center, or you'll get a CSR in the United States, they may have no idea what you're talking about, or just no idea how to fix it.

They may put in a ticket, or escalate, which is a nice way of passing the buck.  If you have already gone this route and the problem has persisted or recurred, it's time to go over their head. 

gchq

• 

37 Messages

4 m前

@formerlyknownas 

Which brings me back to - how to contact 'over their head' support.

'No idea what you're talking about' certainly rings true. With both AT&T wireless and Charter Business Fibre the systems generally work well, but from both of them support is useless above 'try rebooting'.  If you can't resolve it yourself they are not going to be of any help.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.6K Messages

4 m前

Read the previous.  You get regular csr, who escalate.  No direct line to advanced support. 

If you did that already, it's time to go outside to reach the top. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.