Troubleshoot your device issues
akshaylive's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Nov 8, 2019 12:12 AM

AT&T unlock portal doesn't recognize my IMEI

I am not an AT&T customer anymore. I have a very old locked phone. The device is eligible to be unlocked but the unlock portal gives me this error:

"Looks like the IMEI number you entered doesn’t match an AT&T device. Try entering it again. Dial *#06# on your mobile phone to make sure you have the right IMEI."

I called customer service. They are able to verify the IMEI and eligibility but are unable to help, and keeps redirecting my phone call in circles.

Does anyone at AT&T care? 😞

Can someone help?

Edit: I don't want to post my IMEI in public 🙂

ACE - Sage

• 

98.5K Messages

3年前

Depending on just how old “old” is, you phone may not be able to be unlocked.   If tech support could not help you can file an FCC complaint, if that fails you can pay an unlock service.   
AT&T cannot unlock phones if it no longer has access to the codes.  
first 3 iPhones and fire phone, 2g phones and many discontinued brands can’t be unlocked anymore.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3年前

Hello, 

I am not able to unlock my device, I paid for phone 2 days back and it was not under contract. Let me know if I need to provide IMEI

Thanks,

Bha

ACE - Sage

• 

98.5K Messages

3年前

@b5405561629 wrote:

Hello, 

I am not able to unlock my device, I paid for phone 2 days back and it was not under contract. Let me know if I need to provide IMEI

Please DO NOT post imei.  This is a customer populated forum, not At&t support.    
If you just paid off your phone it’s not yet in the unlock portal.  If you can’t wait a couple weeks, call and ask for tech support. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.