Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Troubleshoot your device issues
mobilelawyer's profile

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

Fri, Oct 23, 2015 5:43 PM

ATT Surface 3 Tablet not showing on myatt

Mine is working perfectly. It was running Windows 8.1 when purchased from ATT, but now I have upgraded to Windows 10. Now, when I check the devices under the family plan, the tablet, instead of showing up as an icon of the surface 3, now shows up as a generic phone icon. I am thinking that becuase of the upgrade, it is not recognized as the ATT tablet. Is there any way to fix this by editing a setting on the device? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

6 y مضت

I wanted to update as to a possible solution. I called tech support and asked for help and I was instructed to log into the ATT website and under My AT&T select My Profile, then under the phone number for the Surface select Change Device. I was able to select Microsoft as the manufacuturer, and Surface 3 silver as the device, and that corrects the Icon problem... at least for a while. It does not stick. If you go back later, the website seems to revert to the generic phone icon. Perhaps it would self-correct if I were logging in directly from the Surface, but I note that all the other icons (my s6 and several iphones owned by family members) show up with the correct icon for the exact model number of the device. 

I hope this helps. 

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

7 y مضت

Hi @mobilelawyer!

I believe you’re right about that, since Windows 10 wasn’t an AT&T-released update.

Are any of the features of the website unusable due to the device picture not populating correctly?

Thanks,

Alison

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

7 y مضت

As far as I can tell, the features are all useable. If you follow the link for support, you are taken to the Surface 3 page.
But the pretty Surface 3 icon does now show up for the device- just a generic flip phone ☹
Kind of swipes some of the newness away.

EDIT: I marked as resolved, but after checking again, I see a generic icon in devices for our family plan for the Surface 3. The links for "unlocking" and "assessories" are all generic, and no link takes you to any support or help for the Surface device. This needs to be fixed, and one would think it could relatively easily be addressed with a firmware upgrade or the like. It was advertized by AT&T as upgradable to Windows 10. It is, but this feature needs to be upgraded as well to fully support a device bought from AT&T.

Mentor

• 

29 Messages

7 y مضت

I reverted back to windows 8.1, using that feature of windows 10. I then reset the device after reverting to 8.1., assumedly restoring the OS partition to the same contion it was in when used for the first time. Everything is working perfectly, except still no icon and no product information in the device tab in the support app. Shows up as a generic device, not a surface tablet, and no link to any support. I am hoping to get this feature back. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y مضت

Yesterday Surface froze will downloading microsoft update. Who do I contact to get this device repaired. When I went into the AT@T store, I was told to contact microsft. This device has AT@T as the supplier. Like the individual mobilelawyer my Surface shows as a generic phone. Att needs to be on the ball if you are going to offers services that you can not provide proper service for.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.