AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Troubleshoot your device issues
Julieshafer's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Mar 16, 2018 7:21 PM

ATT no longer carries HTC, and is trying to replace my HTC M9 with a Samsung S6.

I started an insurance claim on my HTC M9 and Asurion is offering to replace it with a Samsung S6.  This phone doesn't even have expandable storage .when searching the forums I ran across a post from last year staying that at that time, they were replacing my phone with Samsung S7... and now they are trying to tell me that this isn't a downgrade?  I've been an ATT customer for 15 years, and carried insurance on my phones the entire time . I find it ridiculous that they are giving me such a run around about this. I called Asurion as suggested, and they will do nothing more than assure me that this S6 (with 128 gb none expandable internal storage) is comparible to my M9 which currently has 212gb of storage, and would have more if I had a larger SD card installed. The camera on the S6 is also a downgrade.  Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with this? 

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

5 years ago

Assurion is really the only people that can change this. At&t isn't replacing your phone, the insurance company assurion is.

ACE - Sage

• 

102.1K Messages

5 years ago

You can also ask for a cash settlement, then go buy the phone if your choosing.   

@Anonymous Is correct, ATT has nothing to do with your insurance.  Asurion is the company that provides insurance through all carriers

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.