Troubleshoot your device issues
B

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Aug 7, 2021 9:17 PM

AT&T 3G Phaseout Replacement Phone

AT&T sent us replacement phones because our current phones will not be capable of operating on the upgraded AT&T network.   Are the phones actually free?   If I transition to a different carrier will AT&T bill me for some portion of the replacement phone cost?

ACE - Sage

• 

97.3K Messages

1年前

They are free, and probably pretty cheap.  They are locked, and unlock requirements still require they be used for 6 months of paid service on prepaid service. 

• 

2 Messages

1年前

The free smart phone AT&T send was a flag ship cell phone back in 2018.   It has better specifications than mid level 2017 phone it would replace. The replacement phone  is approaching end of manufacturer support, and I have found prices from $250 to $500 for unused units on-line.   It would be a good phone to fill the gap until I found a  good deal on a 5G phone, but I would not be happy to pay $250 for an obsolete phone 18 months from now if I decide to change cell phone suppliers.   

ACE - Sage

• 

97.3K Messages

1年前

@buyert3

Rumor is they are out of dirt cheap and now sending older, higher end phones.  Someone got an S9. Not bad

• 

1 Message

1年前

not really.  Just got a $65 LG k40

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.