Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Troubleshoot your device issues
cholmes729's profile

1 Message

Sunday, February 4th, 2024 11:06 PM

Asus Rog Phone 8 compatibility

So I purchased the new Asus Rog Phone 8 from a seller in Hong Kong.  He says its compatible with the GSM network, I.E At&t and T-Mobile.  I am currently with Verizon, and I want to add a wireless plan to my internet plan using this phone.  This phone does take a sim.  It is not locked to any network.  The seller says it is a SIMfree phone meaning it is not locked to any network and should be compatible with networks that utilize the GSM network. I input the IMEI number in the compability box and it says its not compatible.  If you look on the compatibility list, the Asus Rog Phone 7 is compatible.  Am I having this issue because the phone literally was released about 3 weeks ago.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

3 months ago

AT&T has a white list and an IMEI check. The phones on the list have been tested and verified as working with AT&T. It's up to the manufacturer to get their device tested for function.

Anything else is entirely on the user. Either it works or it doesn't.

I've had similar experience with Verizon. I have a SIM card that I have moved from phone to phone ever since I had a OnePlus 6T on their network. It's a 4G LTE SIM card as opposed to their newer black 5G SIM card. The 4G LTE SIM card works perfectly well in my blackview 6100, and a unihertz jelly star. The 5G SIM will not work in either of those phones.

T-Mobile also has an IMEI check. If T-Mobile works in your area, use their check and see if they'll accept the phone.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.