Troubleshoot your device issues
robinang's profile

11 Messages

Friday, December 8th, 2023 4:54 PM

Asked to wait 30 days for unlock request

I have a fully paid off at&t pixel fold since november

I been trying to get it unlock two days ago without success.

First two times the unlock request was approved but no unlock code was received and following the pixel unlock instruction of inserting a non at&t sim card and connect to wireless network also no phone unlock received.

Now i tried again to submit the request online it is denying me the request and asking me to wait 30 days. Now i am stranded overseas with no usable phone cause i needed to unlock and use a local sim card.

Hope someone from at&t can reach out and help me on this…

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116K Messages

3 months ago

Excellent question.   Unfortunately I don't have a first hand answer because I have only purchased pixels as unlocked devices.

You can contact AT&T for free traveling outside the United States by using the number for travelers

+1.314.925.6925

You can also try a better Business bureau complaint. They will need to be able to get in hold of you because those complaints are forwarded back to AT&T upper management, then they usually call you.

And I have no idea if this is Google problem.  

Not super reassuring

ACE - Sage

• 

116K Messages

3 months ago

If the request was already approved, asking for it to be unlocked again doesn't unlock it again when it's already unlocked. 

The unlock is finalized through Google servers.

Once the unlock is approved you're supposed to insert a non AT&T SIM card turn the phone off, on, then connect to Wi-Fi and set up service . 

FYI 'wireless' is cellular, Wi-Fi is a Wi-Fi connection like Xfinity etc.  

There is no unlock code for Pixel phones. The unlock process is supposed to be through Google servers similar to the way Apple iPhones unlock.

11 Messages

3 months ago

understand no unlock code for pixel but even thou the request is approved by at&t … the pixel fold is still locked … how long will it be before it gets unlocked by google after approved by at&t?

its been more than 48 hours

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.