Troubleshoot your device issues
steve_wp8's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, November 5th, 2014 7:01 PM

Amazon won't let me complete upgrade phone purchase

This morning, very early at 4am pacific, I logged in to change my data plan to the 1 gig shared value. I also paid off my current phone, with a lump payment. That was succesfull, and got a confirmation email from AT&T that the charge went through.

But now, even hours later, when I try to purchase a 1 cent phone upgrade, with contract renewal, on Amazon, it almost makes it through the process, but then stops with a message:

"You have a scheduled plan change on your AT&T account and Amazon is unable to make additional changes to your account until all pending updates have completed."

But I already called AT&T after trying a cuople of times to check my account status. The at&t Rep said it was ok, but stll, even just 7 minutes ago, the Amazon purchase won't go through.

Does anyone know how to go about clearing my pending status?  
Or maybe Amazon caches data, and they're not even trying to reconnect to get my current status, even though it looks lke it does ?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

9 years ago

They have your status.
PENDING.

Until Amazon has the information and your payment processes (which even AT&T would not be able to confirm until the bank or card company clears it), then it shows a "pending"

Patience.....🐢

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Okay, that makes sense.

I got a little antsy, because the number of phones it shows in stock on that Amazon product page, is getting down to just a few left, and my current phone is cracked on the screen.

Thanks for the reply though.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @steve_wp8 

If you still need any help with that, our team will be happy to assist. You can send us a private message by clicking here.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks Dmitriy,

I kept trying last night, and I was finally able to order it. New phone is on its way. 

Appreciate your reply.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm having a similar issue. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Keep trying, preferably wait until the evening.   I was able to purchase it on the same evening as my original post here, even before my credit union showed the charge going through for the transaction I made.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.