Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tue, Jan 28, 2020 2:53 PM

Alcatel Smartflip Group Messaging

I am interested in the Alcatel Smartflip, but am concerned about the group messaging. My question is when I send out a group text will they be received as individual texts to each recipient instead of in a group conversation? Also will I receive group texts on my device in a group conversation or as an individual text? I'm looking for a basic phone where the group texts are all in one thread. Thanks for the information!

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

3 weeks ago

Text message is a carrier feature, not a phone feature. Carrier group limit is 10 (still)

Group text is group text. If you want to send individual texts, and receive individual replies, then do not send as a group text.

Group text will not prevent the individual from replying individually, rather than on the group. Which they may choose.

Creating group text is on page 21 of online manual. Manual

(edited)

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

I understand that group texting is group texting. I'm speaking about the overall issue for basic feature phones where when you send out a group text and want to be able to communicate with everyone in the group text through one single thread conversation. When looking at the online manual, I do see on page 21 how to create a text. I understand how to do that. I think my question was misunderstood. I know individual texts get individual responses. I'm concerned with a group text conversation. I'm looking for all sent and received messages from all members of the group to be located in one conversation, not in multiple different conversations and am asking if the Smartflip is able to do that. Thanks!