Activate your AT&T Prepaid Go Phone
If you decide to go the route of a prepaid plan, activating your phone is very easy.
You can purchase a phone or BYOD (bring your own device).
Once you have a phone and SIM card, make sure the SIM Card is inserted in properly and that your phone is charged. From here, you can activate your phone in 2 different ways.
Sim Card Quick Start Guide
- From the home screen of the device, tap Phone.
- Enter the Activation Code from the Quick Start Guide and Zip Code where you will use your service the most, then tap the Call icon.
- You'll receive a notification message with your new phone number and instructions to Power off your phone for 10 minutes to complete activation.
- After 10 minutes, you're read to power on the phone and add money to your account.
Note: You'll need to add money within 26 days of activation, otherwise, your account will be cancelled, and you'll lose your phone number.
How to Load your Prepaid Phone
- Going online to att.com/mygophone.
- Dial 611 from your GoPhone.
- Purchase GoPhone Refill Cards.
- Locate your IMEI by dialing *#06#
- Obtain your SIM Number located on your SIM Card Holder
- Go to https://www.wireless.att.com/activations and activate your phone.
David, AT&T Community Specialist
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.