Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Oct 21, 2008 9:42 PM

Closed

580i - transfer msgs on smartchip to M2 card?

Is it possible to transfer messages saved on the SmartChip over to my M2 memory card? I save so many messages and the SmartChip memory is now full, but I have a 4gb card that obviously has plenty of available memory... is there a setting I can change to save messages to the M2 instead of the SC?

Thanks!

Responses

Accepted Solution

SMHarman

Guru

• 

500 Messages

12 years ago

No - but you can use myphoneexplorer to save them to your computer.  Google it.
RainmanP

Mentor

• 

48 Messages

12 years ago

wow!  I had seen a reference a few days ago to MyPhoneExplorer, perhaps in a post by you.  Your post here reminded me, and downloaded it.  What a great tool!  PC Suite is fine, but this seems better.  I had almost 900 contacts, many of which were duplicates or partial duplicates from a number of sync mismatches.  In 5-10 minutes I just ran through the contacts deleting and fixing, re-synced, and, Voila!, I am down to less than 500.  I like the fact that messages come over, too, though I don't have that many.  I do occasionally have some I want to save for reference.  I am definitely going to make a donation.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you for the simple to-the-point "no" and the tip, as well!

(Personally, I think it's ridiculous not to be able to save messages to the M2 card. Absolutely ridiculous.)
SMHarman

Guru

• 

500 Messages

12 years ago

coleenmck wrote:
Thank you for the simple to-the-point "no" and the tip, as well!

(Personally, I think it's ridiculous not to be able to save messages to the M2 card. Absolutely ridiculous.)

It is something the next gen phones seem to do.  My k850i has the option but my k800i did not.

Get started...

Ask a new question