Troubleshoot your device issues
C

• 

1 Message

Thu, May 20, 2021 11:49 PM

4G LTE phone no longer supported by ATT !

I have a 4G LTE phone - Motorola X4 with Android 9 that I used with ATT service for the past two years. It had decent mobile data speed +30Mb download and even faster when used overseas. However, it was suddenly blocked by AT&T claiming it's not supported. Does anyone know how to get ATT to put the Moto X4 back to their supported phone list?

The phone has respectful spec: moto x4 - moto x4 - Specifications (custhelp.com) But I am now forced to downgrade to my 7-year old iPhone 6 which was retired by my Moto X4. ATT is ridiculous.

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

1 y ago

If the phone isn't on the supported list and then it does not have compatibility with At&t HD voice service. That means when 3-g shuts down your phone will no longer work for voice calls.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/help/pdf/Service-Capabilities-Unlocked-Devices-ATT-Network.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiyzPG67tTwAhXaGFkFHSp9CHwQFjAAegQIEhAC&usg=AOvVaw3sCP2kJRUevj0ARWKoc1nJ

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

1 y ago

I am in the same situation.  Motorola is not being responsible in their supporting the phone they sold me in Sept 2020 also .  ATT is being  disingenuous.  They are offering me a "burner" phone with a 3 year locked contract signing. 

Below is my message back to Motorola on my situation with a phone under warranty.

Seems like Motorola and ATT don't appreciate loyal customers.

I am looking at switching to another carrier after all these years

Re:AT&T won't reactivate my One Hyper - says it's NOT compatible after the 2g/3g sunset

2021-07-07, 6:48 AM

Well, I am greatly disappointed in Motorola.  I passed on the information to Motorola this morning that my phone was still under warranty and that ATT is dropping it as an acceptable phone as they move from 3G.  I was naive in thinking that Motorola would support me since their Motorola web site indicated it was compatible with ATT.  I guess Motorola liked selling out of date phones in Sept. 2020.

So Motorola basically told me to "pound sand".  They told me to switch carriers. 

So much for supporting Motorola and Lenovo all these years.  They have lost a good customer with this attitude. 

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

1 y ago

Att has had that list out for over a year.  It's right on the byop page.  I would not trust Moto to find thier way out of a wet paper bag once Lenovo bought them.

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

1 y ago

@12nothappy

They are offering me a "burner" phone with a 3 year locked contract signing. 

That is not true.

AT&T is sending you a cheap Android phone - there is no contract, no installment, no obligation whatsoever. It is free. Free, free, really free, no-strings-attached kind of free.  No catch.  Nada.   Nothing.  

If you don't want or don't like the cheap phone they send you, replace it with one you do like. You have the option to purchase one from AT&T or purchase a compatible unlocked phone from their whitelist

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/help/pdf/Service-Capabilities-Unlocked-Devices-ATT-Network.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiyzPG67tTwAhXaGFkFHSp9CHwQFjAAegQIEhAC&usg=AOvVaw3sCP2kJRUevj0ARWKoc1nJ

• 

5 Messages

1 y ago

That seems to be strange.  The ATT rep that I was talking to on the phone said that I would need to renew a contact.  And I specifically asked if it was for three years.  She said yes.

My wife has an Apple phone that we bought from ATT and it is all paid for, but she is under contract until September.  I can't unlock it.  I do not want to get in that situation again.

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.6K Messages

1 y ago

AT&T no longer has contracts. Your only obligation is to pay for the phone that you purchase under the purchase agreement. You can pay it off at any time and get it unlocked.

The phone that you get from AT&T to replace your incompatible phone, is totally free, that is why it is an inexpensive phone. they will not give you a $700 - $1000 phone for free.

• 

5 Messages

1 y ago

Attached is a snap shot of my wife's paid off phone from the AT&T web site

I believe the clip says contract.

They are giving me "zero" value for the phone I have on trade in and it was purchased in Sept 2020.  I can't upgrade from the free phone offer.  It is like I have to buy new one at full prices.  So they are not really being accommodating to a long time customer. 

• 

5 Messages

1 y ago

Found more articles on the Switchover

I just did the test with my Motorola One Hyper and it was operating on the ATT LTE network per the article.   

• 

5 Messages

1 y ago

I am starting to see a pattern here....  Here is another posting that was getting the same defensive response from the moderators here.

My One Hyper specs are Android 11  4 GB ram 128 GB rom 2340*1080 screen Dual SIM.  Not even close they are offering.
This set of threads along with the ATT trade in Fiasco string is moving me to TMobile or Comcast. I checked my phone and it seems to be compatible
I just have to get my wife loose from the "non-contract" ATT terms.  Lucky my son has an older Apple and my daughter bought her phone directly from Apple.
Not a good effort by ATT to maintain a going concern.  The DirectTV deal must have been pretty bad financially.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

1 y ago

Your phone won't work.  But to test ignore all the garbage in the story and make a call.  If the phone drops down to H or H+ while on a call then it's not volte compliant on att.  The top right will tell what is going on.  Using dialer codes like that does not prove a thing unless the phone is in test mode.

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

1 y ago

@12nothappy

Your wife's phone/ line has nothing to do with your phone or line.  

If wife's line/phone is under 'contract', it's not paid off. 

If you had been using a flip phone, AT&T would be sending you a free flip phone.    If using an iPhone, they are sending iPhone SE 2020. Retail cost $150 or less.

If you BYOD an unlocked device, then you are paying for service only with no obligation.   

The information on how to test compatibility is incorrect.  Just look at your notification bar.

It must have the icon 'VoLTE' to work on AT&T (or any other carriers service).   It it shows H, H+, HSPA, UTMS or 4g only, it's not voice over LTE capable. 

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

I have an Asus Rog 2 Ultimate, which is a global device.  I have traveled All over the US, Europe and West Asia and this device never skipped a beat.  American mobile carriers have been forcing consumers to buy new devices for the past 5 years through software changes.  When they decide to not add your phone to the compatibility list, it has little to do with your hardware. NO corporation in business wants you to have something that does not give them cash flow. PC software is already headed in this direction. I've been a customer for more than 15 years and I will dump them in a heartbeat for Mint Mobile If I don't have to spend over 2k a year in service and another few thousand for phones every 2 years. This is an unethical practice. 

(edited)

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.