foredeck_mom's profile

• 

1 Message

Sat, Mar 12, 2022 4:23 PM

4G Dumb Phones

Now that the 3G is phased out, I need a new "dumb phone" that runs on AT&Ts 4G network.  All I want to do is make calls and text.  I do not want a smart phone.  Any suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

4 Messages

2分前

Thank you for mentioning the other list.  I found it:

https://www.att.com/idpassets/images/support/pdf/Devices-Working-on-ATT-Network.pdf

That will keep me busy for a while; it has lots of phones - both smart and dumb.  It even has an old AT&T smartphone (for some definition of "smart"), still available on Amazon, that is less expensive than the Cingular Flip IV.

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

3分前

• 

4 Messages

2分前

I just discovered that the Cingular Flip IV - the only dumb phone that AT&T still offers, as far as I know - does not support tethering.  My old Cingular Flip 2 died today and I replaced it with the Cingular Flip IV, assuming I would get everything I had before (and maybe some more).  Instead, I got less.

So now I've got the same question as the OP.  What dumb phones (other than the Cingular Flip IV) work with AT&T?

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

2分前

The link in my previous post leads to 4 basic phones.

It indicates it has tethering... But I can't see where or how... 

https://m.att.com/shopmobile/cellphones/att/cingular-flip-iv.html

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

2分前

That's the Cingular Flip 2.  I had one of those until this morning when I ran over it with my car.  :(   Based on the AT&T web site I found (https://www.att.com/buy/phones/)

it's no longer available.

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

2分前

The link is bad.  Use the one I posted a month ago. 

AT&T doesn't sell the Cingular 2 anymore.  If the 4 doesn't have tethering, then get a different phone.   The Kyocera DuraXE Epic will last a lot longer

• 

4 Messages

2分前

The link is bad.  Use the one I posted a month ago. 

Why do you say the link is bad?  It's a link to an official AT&T web site.  It contains (I assume) all the phones available through AT&T including those on the page you linked.

The Kyocera DuraXE Epic will last a lot longer

Good heavens!  At $270 it's edging into the low-end smartphone range.  Why spend that kind of money for a dumbphone?

What about dumbphones not available from AT&T?  What needs to be checked other than being unlocked, accepting the AT&T SIM card, and supporting the bands used by AT&T?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.8K Messages

2分前

What needs to be checked other than being unlocked, accepting the AT&T SIM card, and supporting the bands used by AT&T?

It would need to be on ATT’s list of supported phones. There are actually two lists, one specifically for unlocked phones. Sorry, I don’t have the link, perhaps someone else will post it or you can google it.

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

2分前

@pokeefe

Just know you get what you pay for, and Amazon ads are often wrong

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.