Troubleshoot your device issues
Conmeten's profile

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, February 3rd, 2022 6:31 PM

3 g shutdown and my phone

I really hope this gets through to somebody in the information technology department to look into this.

I have a v o l t e compatible 4G phone that was purchased last year.

When I bought the phone I asked to make sure that it would be compatible after the 3G sunset and I was told as long as it was supported by volte capabilities that it would be fine.

So I've used the phone for a year enjoyed my vlte phone with high speed LTE data and now I'm being told that my phone will no longer be compatible after the 3G sunset.

Honestly I believe it's because it's from a small company named doogee

The model number is the s59 pro it has the same network communication standards in it as the Alcatel axle which I was given as a replacement phone for this that just is really not up to par.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

2 years ago

I don't know when you asked or who you asked, but that brand is not compatible with AT&T

That's one of those small phone manufacturers that is never going to have their phones certified.

AT&T has been publishing a growing list of certified unlocked phones that will work on AT&T after 3-g shuts down since March of 2020.

Non carrier, unlocked phones that will work on AT&T now that 3-g is going away

Non carrier unlocked phones must be on the list or they will not be accepted. Phones that were previously branded with a different carrier are very unlikely to work. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.7K Messages

2 years ago

In theory, a VoLTE capable phone should work after the 3G sunset provided that the mfr submitted certification data to AT&T. If they didn't certify their phones to work on AT&T's network after the shutdown then there is nothing that AT&T can do because certification is up to the mfr, not AT&T.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

I was told as long as it was supported by volte capabilities that it would be fine

The keyword there is supported. Being VoLTE capable is not sufficient, it needs to have been certified and supported by ATT. Only the manufacturer can submit the phone for certification.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks guys I'm going to reach out to manufacturer and see if they can send it over to AT&t to get some progress made in some way shape or form but it was just I'd talk to an AT&t representative at the corporate office in the IT department and they said it should have been fine so now I'm here I am

ACE - Expert

• 

23.7K Messages

2 years ago

Isn't that what I said above 😉.

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

2 years ago

@Conmeten

Yeah, good luck with that. Doogee will probably tell you to switch over to T-Mobile, which is what you should do..

AT&T is not going to entertain any manufacturer that isn't going to go through the certification process. And Doogee wont

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.