Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
C

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Jul 9, 2020 10:06 PM

Closed

Shame on you ATT

How dare you offer help during pandemic then tell your customers after the fact that they show a poor payment history the past 3 months??!!😡😡

how dare your do go for people and then turn on them? Who gives you that right? I am recovering from the covid virus and now husband tested positive and a son with pneumonia.  I paid $1000 the past two weeks to bring down the past due on My phones plus $500 for my tv. I have a past due still due and asked for help.  I was told pay $450 tomorrow or your phones are suspended!! I asked for the payment to be extended or reduced and was told oh you show a bad payment history for the past 3 months and a broken promise in February!!! Are you kidding me??? 
Shane on you ATT shame on you.  

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

21.7K Messages

a month ago

They provided help, even a special payment arrangement option, as well as a late fee waiver. All those options had to be discussed with the customer, it was not proactive. And if any arrangement was setup, but you did not meet it, then yes it would reflect on your account history.

Providing some accommodations still has a limit. They are a business and cannot infinitely float a customer's outstanding balance. It is unfortunate for what your family has been through, and I certainly hope they feel better soon. But it is not AT&T's responsibility to further give exception for your balance for issues that are of a personal nature.

For what they are doing currently, or any updates as such, they have a page set with the information: https://about.att.com/pages/COVID-19.html#consumers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

They provided the above however I’m not asking them to waive or ignore what’s owed. I’m asking them to adjust the amount for today’s payment and extend the rest.  They shouldn’t be saying anything about payment history over the past few months. I’ve been a long time customer with them and they shouldn’t be using the pandemic situation or anything against the customer   I paid over $1500 to them in the past two weeks    Shouldn’t be an issue to help me for the $450

Get started...

Ask a new question