Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
johngpotts's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, August 7th, 2018 1:22 AM

Online account restricted when traveling abroad. Really?

My home base is the USA and I am traveling in Indonesia. From Indonesia, I cannot access my online account either through any browsers on a computer or mobile phone, nor through the myAtt app. When attempting a login I get a message saying "We are unable to process your request. Please try again later." Tried to call but was on hold forever and I was worried I might be being charged for international roaming. The whole purpose of trying to access my account online was to check if my international plan was working. It is the 30-day/$60 plan for Indonesia, and I was concerned because I did not receive a notification text upon arrival in the country, like I do with the $10/day plan.

I was finally able to get chat support through the myAtt app, and was finally told there are restrictions to access from foreign places for "privacy" reasons. Really? This includes restricting me from my own account with all the proper credentials? Isn't online access from anywhere in the world one of the main purposes of having an online account?

AT&T: don't be ridiculous!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

The inability to access your account seems to be relatively new and does not affect all countries. One workaround is the use of a VPN. You can also call the international support number without any roaming charges. FREE from mobile phone, +1.314.925.6925

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.