AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Need help understanding your bill?
H

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Sep 11, 2020 6:31 PM

My att account is hacked

So my Att account is hacked. When I log in they ask me to verify the code sent to my phone knowing they have had the service turned off by going to my att account and doing so. How can I bypass that extra verification part?. I am entering the correct password.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.9K Messages

2 years ago

That does not mean your account was hacked. That is ATT’s two factor authentication. It is not optional, you can’t turn it off. Once you authenticate on a specific device, you won’t have to on that device again.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have to every time. You totally do not get it. He has hacked into my acct and there is a section where it says would you like to deactivate a device on your acct? Just like that....gone. So no award for you.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

He is using A refurbished iPhone 6s under my number making many many calls the complete deactivation date of my iPhone 6 is October. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.9K Messages

2 years ago

Sorry, you weren’t very clear about what was happening. That’s a whole bunch of new information. There is no alternative to receiving that authentication text. If you can’t receive it, you either need to call or go to an ATT store. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.