Check out the AT&T Gift Guide for Valentine's Day Gifts for every kind of love!
Help for account, billing & more
A

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Apr 18, 2021 3:40 AM

I need help changing just 1 of 6 plans to allow hotspots, but keeping all other plans the same

I have a family plan for 6 devices and all have "unlimited choice enhanced" plan, but that plan doesn't have a hotspot enabled. I want to change just 1 of the plans to have a hotspot available, so I want to change one of those plans to "Unlimited Elite", and leave all the others the same on "unlimited choice enhanced". However, when I click "change plan" I have to go through each of the 6 plans and select either "Unlimited Elite" or "Unlimited Starter" (It doesn't even give me an option to keep the same plan as before). I've tried everything and I'm not sure what to do now. I've also looked on "add-ons" to see if I could add a hotspot to a plan there, but no luck. I just want a hotspot on 1 device, I don't care how much 15GB/month or 30GB/month. I don't want to have to change all the plans just because I wanted to change 1.

Constructive

Employee

• 

25.5K Messages

9 m ago

You need to call them or go into a corporate store

ACE - Sage

• 

92.3K Messages

9 m ago

You cannot move just one line 2 Unlimited Elite. You would have to remove that one line from your current plan and set it up on its own plan by itself with unlimited Elites, at $85 a month. It would only reduce your current plan by the $20 a month line access charge.

Have you priced what it would cost to switch all six lines to the current plan unlimited your way?

One line on Elite would be $45, the other five lines on unlimited starter would be $30 a piece. Taxes would be the same as you are paying now.

$45 + 5 lines at $30 is $195 before taxes and any installments.

Those prices are based on auto-pay and paperless billing discount of $10 per line. If you do not already have auto-pay and paperless billing please get it started before you make the switch.  

ACE - Sage

• 

92.3K Messages

9 m ago

I checked At&t prices on the choice 2, it's listed as $95 plus $20 per phone line. Or $120 + 95 = $215 base.   

Drop a 20 line, pay for one on elite and you pay $195 for the 5 lines on choice, plus the separate $85 plan. Total $280

Cheaper to move all 6 lines, which you can do online. 

• 

2 Messages

9 m ago

Thanks for the input

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.