Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Help for account, billing & more
drfmemon's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Nov 30, 2017 8:45 AM

How can I view my text log of numbers that texted me?

Hello,

How can I get a log of phone and text message records for the past two years to my phone number? I don't want the actual messages, just the phone numbers and date/time they were sent. My company which I worked for and whom I am now in a legal dispute with has told me they texted me some messages in August of last year (2016) and I believe they didn't. I just need the phone numbers logs and times and dates of texts to prove that I didn't receive messages from them. I do not need the actual messages themselves.

I am part of a family plan with AT&T (4lines) but am not the primary account holder. Do I need to be the primary account holder to view my text message log to my number?

I will greatly appreciate any help or info.

Thanks,

Faisal

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

59.8K Messages

5年前

Text logs are on the monthly bill and the last 16 months are available online. Just have the account owner download the appropriate bills. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5年前

Thanks for your reply. My father who is around 70 is the primary account holder and lives in another state. Would it be possible for you to give some step by step instructions so I can explain over the phone to him how to do it? Also is the time of the texts received also recorded in the log? 

Again thanks for your help,

Faisal

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.