Need help understanding your bill?
C

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 29th, 2020 1:24 PM

Ex controls my account

My ex boyfriend used to have his phone under my account. Since we’ve seperated, he’s hacked my account multiple times. I’ve tried everything, calling and telling them the situation, they said they blocked my account from being accessed by anyone else but he still keeps getting into it. I believe it’s because he knows my social security number. He uses it as “leverage” to be able to turn my devices off (including my sick father’s phone) for bills that we still share together (joint accounts with both of our names), thinking I won’t pay when I have never been inconsistent with payments. Is there anyway to keep him from hacking my account? The login is currently his email and whatever password he’s set. Every time I reset it, he just manages to change it again.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

Other than changing all of your passwords to everything that he might be able to guess, including your email. Change all security password and security Pin, the only thing left is change carriers.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

He should not be able to get into your account by just knowing the SSN. There is something else going on. I would advise contacting the police or a (Edited per community guidelines). What he’s doing has to be illegal.

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

BTW, I assume he's pretending he's your father. Remove dad as an authorized user.
I think @sandblaster is correct, it's a police matter, possible identity theft if he's pretending to be your dad
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.