Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
lpierov1234's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, September 9th, 2015 11:44 PM

Don't Combine Your Bills - Living Nightmare

ello,

Since I have combined my Uverse, ATT Wireless Account and DirectTV account I have had nothing but issues from logins changing, multiple different logins being issues, the user interface of my account online being screwed up, my account balance being screwed up to spending probably over 5 hours on the phone with multiple different people that are highly STUPID and still my account issues are not fixed (even after I have been told they had been). 

When you log into my account online you can only view the Uverse account and it says my balance is $406 and $396 of it passed due. Which it isn't. I have been enrolled in auto pay with each account for months and months everything is current. When I went online to look at my September wireless bill it showed that amount and I saw my account was due to auto pay in 2 days so of course I immediately suspended that. Then spent hours talking to multiple different people to get my separate account balances for payment. No one could explain why my account was past due since each account was up to date or why it was reflecting that amount and still its not fixed online. 

This has been the worst experience of my life in service and billing situation where I want to warn everyone I know that uses ATT not to combine there accounts to avoid the same mess I am in now with no resolve. 

A living nightmare. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

This is entirely true.  They separated my accounts last month and then they added Directv to the billing and playing with my pea brain.

[word filter avoidance]

ACE - Sage

• 

117.7K Messages

9 years ago

You are correct.

Its a nightmare, and no one knows how to fix it.

Make them split your bills!

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

9 years ago

Posted 9/10:

I'm a long-time DirecTV and  AT&T wireless customer. Thought I "save time and money" and add "convenience" by combining my accounts. BIG MISTAKE!!! Imagine my surprise when I saw that what I previously paid $220 a month for (combined), I now was being billed $510!!!!! And, to add insult to injury, I was informed that I was $450 past due!!!! I wasted two (2) hours on the phone with "custmer service" (located in the Phillipines), wasted another hour in one AT&T store, and then spent an additional two (2) hours in an AT&T corporate store trying to sort this all out. Bottom line: Although I am being told the supposed amounts that I owe to DirecTV and AT&T (and these amounts are questionable), there are no printed bills available to support this information. What's more, no one seems to know when these bills will be available for viewing and validation!!!

So, I requested that my accounts be "ununified". That was completed more than an hour ago. Since then, I've been on the phone with the Digital Assistance Center trying to restore my online accounts. But it seems that they're experiencing technical difficulties that are preventing me from re-establishing my DirecTV account. And on, and on, and on.

Take my advice: DO NOT UNIFY ANY ACCOUNTS. THE $120/YEAR SAVINGS IS JUST NOT WORTH THE PAIN AND AGGREVATION.

And here's my message to AT&T: Shame on you for causing a loyal customer all of this unnecessary anguish!!!!

Update, 9/17:

And the saga continues. In trying to resolve my particular de-unification situation, it literally took me five (5) days, visits to two different AT&T stores, a minimum of 50 phone calls, and at least 15 hours on the phone before I reached someone (Sunday night) who understood what had happened (bless you, Krista), and was able to annotate the details of the problem, and then submit an escalated and urgent support ticket.

Apparently, rather than restore my existing wireless-account number, the "tech" in the Phillipines who separated my accounts created a new wireless account and neglected to remove the "anchor" (unified) account. As a result, I now have four (4) active accounts: three (3) for wireless and one (1) for DirecTV. While I was able to pay my most recent wireless bill while on the phone with Krista, I still have no DirecTV bill (which is theoretically due next week) and no way to access it if, indeed, there was one to view. And, I was just notified that I have bill for the second wireless account!!!!

In the meantime, someone called me Tuesday evening to ask if I now was able to access my AT&T account -- which, of course, was never the problem. I gave her my case number and told her to go read all the notes.

Krista said it would take about five (5) days for everything to be fixed, but it's now day #4, and really have little confidence that this will happen. I'll probably have to spend yet another 10 hours on the phone trying to find out what the current status is. Fortunately, I have Krista's employee ID numbers -- two of them, of course -- one for AT&T and one for DirecTV!!!!

I think it's time to file a class-action suit.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.7K Messages

9 years ago

This is ridiculous.  Why can't ATT get this right?

please private message @ATTMobilityCare

Guru

• 

483 Messages

8 years ago

I wish I had read these posts before combining my accounts. Countless hours on the phone and no one understands the problem. I finally told them to cancel my account so I could go to another carrier so they sent me to the retention Dept and they said they would waive the $186. However when I checked my online account they one waived $166 so I still have $22 past due. I messaged customer care but if they don't fix it I will leave and I have been an ATT customer (and all their incarnations) since 1993. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.7K Messages

8 years ago

@wjereb

Some of this is the normal (yet ludicrous) process when combining accounts.  If you read this:

https://forums.att.com/t5/Wireless-Billing/Things-to-Know-when-Combining-your-Bill/m-p/4353490#M98582

The information includes a comment about past due....

Tutor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

AT&T is a Joke

We originally went into AT&T to inquire about Direct TV. We met with Salesperson Amanda Ferry. We needed to get Internet also. We were told by Amanda that AT&T or Direct TV did not have Internet service in our area. We told her getting Direct TV was contingent upon us being able to get Internet service from another provider. Amanda told us we could schedule the Direct Tv install and if we changed our minds would not be a problem. We found out the same day that our only option was our current service TW and it would cost us $89 a month because we would be cnacelling cable. We called Amanda and left voice mail we would not be getting Direct TV. We got no response. We then emailed Amanda and got no response. I had to get a hold of the District Manager Rodney Ritter to try to get it taken care of. From that point forward it has been nothing but a nightmare. Should be a -0 option for this store. Completely clueless manager Evan. Amanda Ferry will promise you everything and then ignore you if you if there's problems. Had to contact District Manger Rodney Ritter who was no help. Try another store or go to Verizon. What ever you do don't get talked into combining/unify your wireless and Direct TV account. A major nightmare which no one at this store or District Manager Rodney Ritter has a clue about. We want to go to Verizon but now because we are on our 3rd acct in 3 weeks we can't get our phones unlocked. The story now is your new acct has to be active for 60 days to unlock phones. We have been with AT&T for over 30 years. You also lose rollover data if you separate your Accounts. Amanda only tells you the positive side of combining accts. She conveniently ignores telling you all the negative effects. AT&T needs to fire Ritter, Evan (Mgr) and especially Amanda for their extreme incompetence.

Guru

• 

483 Messages

8 years ago

As a follow up, the email to customer care did the trick. Tonya called me and immediately credited the $22. I also received 2 more responses to address my problem.  Thank you! 

Now if I can only get the website to stop asking for my email address (twice) every time I log in. 

Bill J

Mentor

• 

88 Messages

8 years ago

Call them and make sure they have your email on file and give your permission for them to contact you. I had that problem and only by serendipity did I learn how to fix that problem. Unifying the bill is like starting over and the problem is they don't know what they're doing.

Between unified billing and Digital Life it's a small wonder they don't get sued.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for the info. I went to combine and notice a $10 increase minus the home phone service I was going to remove. i stopped the combo then at that moment! This confirms I'm not crazy! lol

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.