Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Help for account, billing & more
L

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jan 7, 2021 4:44 PM

Disconnected phone number & account after pausing autopay

I am an international student from Korea attending college in the US. Because of Covid19, I came back to Korea last March so I put my autopay on pause. I am planning on going back to the US in 2 weeks so I was trying to unpause my autopay on my AT&T account, but I am having trouble logging in. An error pops up saying that my account has been disconnected and to contact customer service. However, because I am not in the US right now, I am unable to access some parts of the AT&T website. How can I fix this issue? I would like to continue with the plan I had chosen last year with the same number.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

59.9K Messages

2年前

Sorry, but your account has been closed and the number lost. A prepaid account is automatically closed if the account balance is $0 for more than 60 days after your plan expires. By simply turning autopay off, you let your account get cancelled. You will need to open a new account with a new SIM card and new number. It is not possible to get your old number back.

• 

2 Messages

2年前

Then would I have to get a new sim card every time I go back and forth the two countries?? I would like to get faster help but I can't log in to my AT&T account and I can't call customer service. I also have to use a VPN to access the AT&T website.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

100.3K Messages

2年前

you can’t login and there’s no point, your account no longer exists..

No, there is a method of keeping your account open, you just didn’t use it and didn’t ask here so we could tell you.

what is recommended is that you change your plan to one of the pay per use plans and refill with sufficient funds to keep the account open for the length of time you are out of the country.

A refill of $100 in one lump sum holds the account open for 365 days.

you can also select $25 and put the account on auto pay and it will refill every 90 days.

since you are not using service those funds will sit in your account and can be used to pay for a monthly service when you return to the US.

(edited)

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.