Need help understanding your bill?
fraziersims's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, July 19th, 2019 2:53 PM

AT&T won't send security code to allow me to log in

I have had this problem for 5 months!  I have always been able to log in to my account.  But starting a few months ago, I get a security page that says "Let's double-check that its really you".  So it asks where to send my code.  I check my phone number.  And a code never comes.

I have called AT&T at least 4 times about this.  Every time I get transferred around, the CS rep tried to reset my code, reset my password...still nothing.  I have spent at least, collectively, 4 hours on the phone dealing with this.

I have tried with different computers, different browsers, using the AT&T app, etc.  It all re-directs me to the"lets check if it is you.." screen, and I do not get a text message with a code.

There is still an outstanding service ticket btw.  I know because when I called last month, the rep said "Oh, I can see there's an outstanding service ticket on this."

You are a COMMUNICATIONS company.  My banks, CC and other online accounts can text me a code with no problem.  But my communications provider?  Nope.

I cannot pay my bill online.  I cannot see my account online.

Do not tell me to reset my password.  Been done by AT&T at least 6 times.  Cookies and web browser not the problem.

Please fix this.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I figured it out. At least on my Samsung Galaxy Note 8. I checked in my blocked messages and sure enough, they were there. I restore those messages and then I was able to get a code to login.

Former Employee

• 

20 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same problem. The app won't send the code. I select the number to send it to and tap Send The Code and nothing happens. I click the cancel button and nothing happens. Typical.

• 

1 Message

I've had this problem for many months now. I cannot log into my account via my PC. The code is never sent. I've tried different browsers, etc. The AT&T app on my iPhone works fine. This is a problem on AT&T's side. I routinely get codes from other sources and have no trouble getting messages from short code sources. Also, I cannot tell if these codes are blocked on my iPhone; I can't imagine how AT&T would've gotten blocked on my phone anyway. I also just discovered that AT&T's Call Protect app has the same problem: I just tried to log into the app to pehaps find any blocked contacts and was prompted to have a code sent and nothing happened. Somebody needs to get in gear with this issue.

• 

3 Messages

@tfondren did you ever find a solution? I’m having the same problem. Like it doesn’t even allow me to hit “send code” or “cancel”.

Former Employee

• 

20 Messages

@Reggilb No, I never did. No replies with solutions here and I just gave up after a while.

Former Employee

• 

20 Messages

@Reggilb Just to be fair, I tried again just now. Same result. Buttons don't work. Won't send, won't cancel. Won't work.

Former Employee

• 

20 Messages

@Reggilb Kept trying and finally, it allowed me to send the security code request. I got the security code, entered it and got "Bad Request" error page. If this weren't so frustrating I would laugh.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Exact same issue with my iPhone. I have no blocked numbers, they've changed my password twice. It didn't fix anything. I was on the phone with ATT for 5 & 1/2 hours Friday. I was hung up on twice and transferred 7 times. I don't think they know what they're doing. I've tried logging in on my phone, different browsers on different computers. Always the same issue. I'm close to my contract being up. I'll just keep calling to pay and switch to a different carrier when it's up. Interesting fact, as well, I was told that I have to pay a fee to call in and pay. Locking us out of our accounts then forcing us to pay a fee when we call I feel might not be completely legal.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

help! new to att, just got a A10e phone from walmart, login id and password ok, but each time i enter "passcode" it fails, help!

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

let the screen sit for about 2 min, they grey "send code" button disappears so you can select the blue "send code". Once you receive the code enter it and select "submit". If it doesn't process immediately you may have to wait a few min to select "submit" but it will work!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I just ran into this today.

My issue is that the phone # for my AT&T account is attached to a AT&T wireless 4G modem, not a phone.  I purchased said wireless modem through AT&T, years ago, after upgrading from my previous AT&T (Sierra) 3G modem which I had purchased over a decade ago, when I upgraded to the 4G modem a few years back.

The new login passcode is sent to my modem, which obviously doesn't have a screen or any way to handle text messages.  My other (flip) phone is through another carrier, so that other phone number isn't part my AT&T account login info as up until now there's been no reason to have it there.

I did try to access the sms messages on said modem today via the 'older software' but the messages stored there are from many years ago.  Windows 10 handles the modem internet connection protocols now, so I haven't needed a separate (AT&T or Sierra) control panel to use the modem in the first place for a number of years now (note that I am using said modem now to access the internet as I type this post).

I tried the 'just pay bill without logging in' option today but it said that my bill was already paid even though the monthly AT&T billing email noted that I had an outstanding account balance.

I'd go to my local AT&T dealer and pay there in person, but you know, COVID and all that...

2 factor authentication is all well and good, but for us 'modem only' customers there needs to be another option for us folks trying to log in to our accounts, so that we can view and pay our bills without having to call customer service.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Same issue. iPhone 11, no blocked numbers, get the first confirmation text from AT&T but not the second. Glad to see they were right on this problem.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the same issue with the app, after having had it with the website for months. I’ve done everything everyone else has said to do and it still will not send the code. Kind of ridiculous. 

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same issue. Customer service is useless. They have no clue why this is happening. I even told them to create a ticket to IT to look into this particular scenario. I'm surprised ATT still did not resolve this issue. 

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I too am having same issue. It it ridiculous for a communications company like AT&T to have such a problem for so long. Actually embarrassing I would think.  I am going to look into another carrier.

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hey! DCLITTLE42? It is correct! For some reason my texts from ATT are being blocked. I don't know how to unblock them, so I just go into the BLOCKED numbers section on my phone to retrieve the codes.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.