Check for service outages
J

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, November 4th, 2021 5:53 PM

Wireless service outages - Unable to connect to chat - Website issue - Service Isse - (Edited per community guidelines) is 3G Sunset

Several issues going on here.

First, we JUST upgraded our phones about a week ago to iPhone 13. We also upgraded to unlimited elite because our service was SO BAD. 

Unfortunately, this did not fix our issues.

1. Our wireless cell coverage is spotty where we live in North Dallas - especially along our routes to work. Whether we have bars or not, the internet and phone calls do not work and we completely lose service. I was told weeks ago that this was because we were on unlimited starter at the time - clearly, that is not the case, because we upgraded to unlimited elite over a week ago.

2. I cannot connect to a support rep via chat - no matter what browser I use, it says it's unable to connect to anyone - this is at 1pm on a weekday. Surely there should be online support?

3. The website does not allow you to check for wireless outages in your area. When it pops up to enter an address, you cannot add spaces. When you copy and paste a full address into the box, it can never match anything. 

4. When I went to manage my wireless phone and "fix my wireless" it says local outages are fine, but that I have service issues. It says my phone is impacted by 3G Sunset and that the brand new iPhone 13 I just purchased will no work after February 2022. I JUST bought this phone! What does it mean that it will no longer work?!

(Edited per community guidelines) is going on here? I should have switched to verizon... 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

2 years ago

did you just move your sim cards and what phones did you have before the iphone 13

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

the AT&T employee handled the sim card and I'm pretty sure it's a brand new one. Before this, I had an iPhone 11.

I get this notice:

The Apple iPhone 13 you’re using on ***.***.**** won’t work after February 2022. Be sure to upgrade to an HD Voice phone before we phase out 3G on our network. Good news! You’ve got options when it comes to replacing your phone.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

2 years ago

I would say you have something wrong on your account.  Your IMEI is entered wrong somewhere in the system as a iPhone 13 is fully compatable.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I don't even know what IMEI is - how do I have this resolved?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

2 years ago

I have recently read that the AT&T cell phone diagnostics tell everyone who runs them that their phone is not going to work after the 3G cutoff, whether that is true or not.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.