Check for service outages
Mjrtom7's profile

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 6:57 PM

Closed

Will Northeast MI ever receive 3G?

I've heard talk about how ATT is "working on their network coverage" and plans to provide 3G service in Northeast MI "in the coming months".  Well, now that another 2 year contract has expired, I'm seriously wondering if I would be better off jumping to Verizon.  The EDGE data network up here if virtually useless.  5 full bars, yet extremely poor data transfer.  

Can anyone provide an HONEST answer as to when this coverage is planned to be upgraded???  Verizon has had 3G for quite a long while up here...

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

Whoa! New 3G/4G coverage in the U.P.! Getting closer to the McFarland tower!

1.png

2.png

2 Attachments

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

As of 8:38 pm this evening they pulled all the new coverage off the map.Lol

Maybe they will add a bunch more before they put it back up.

EDIT:  There IS or WAS a ton of new coverage in NE Wisconsin on the map as well. WOW.

Teacher

• 

29 Messages

11 years ago

I noticed that too.  C'monnnn Western U.P!

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

I just checked the coverage again and its still there. 😄 

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

Hmm Wierd. The map I am viewing on my phone still doesn't show the new coverage that appeared yesterday.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

11 years ago

Weird. I looked on my pc and its still there.

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

11 years ago

I live in Iron Mountain and we still have Edge. It's not even solid Edge. Sometimes takes over 1min to load Google.com or it loads halfway and then drops the signal.

Last week I was at daughter's soccer game and i was going to check my eBay account and my email and it loaded a billion times faster than Edge.

I almost fell over, I had an H...told wife and she did also. this lasted for the entire soccer game.

Switched back to Edge on the way home. It's less than a 5min walk from our house to the soccer field. So it's not like we drove 40miles...

Sad that we can't get anything better than Edge here. At the family farm in Houghton, way out in the middle of nowhere near Lake Superior, I have HSPA. I'm sure it's because Michigan Tech is there...This is getting ignorant.

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

cOn

They are lighting up new towers so you may have been on a new tower that is in testing. Same with Lewiston...it went on for a while, sometimes hours and then switches back to EDGE. Try this.....try going to different areas of your house and turning on Airplane mode....then turn it off. Sometimes your phone will stay connected to EDGE but doing this kicks it over to H+ or "4G".

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

11 years ago

thanks Lewyman...I tried turning off/on.  The following day I gave my daughter my phone and we drove around the area where we had the change and throughout town. Even went near the towers. No change.

I'll keep trying and post so ppl know it's coming on line.

I used to design & draft systems for the big telcos. I'll have to check with my old co-workers and see what they say

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

11 years ago

If it was on and off they are testing. Shouldn't be long now.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.