Check for service outages
Mjrtom7's profile

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 6:57 PM

Closed

Will Northeast MI ever receive 3G?

I've heard talk about how ATT is "working on their network coverage" and plans to provide 3G service in Northeast MI "in the coming months".  Well, now that another 2 year contract has expired, I'm seriously wondering if I would be better off jumping to Verizon.  The EDGE data network up here if virtually useless.  5 full bars, yet extremely poor data transfer.  

Can anyone provide an HONEST answer as to when this coverage is planned to be upgraded???  Verizon has had 3G for quite a long while up here...

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

Wow. Nice and hope they keep it rolling.

I wonder if they lit it up in Escanaba and surrounding sites as well?

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

I didnt go to Escanaba today but I can check later this week. I would think since Gladstone has LTE Escanaba has it.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

Something is up with cell service here tonight. calls wont go through on my cell or my neighbors. Plus my parents and their neighbor have that AT&T wireless Home phone service and they cant make calls. I wonder if something is going on with the Lathrop tower? Unless it go hit in the storm we had come through last night. Oh when my neighbor tried to make a call on her cell phone a recording came on and said "emergency calls only".

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

That sounds strange. Usually when they are getting ready to activate new service, such as 3G or LTE, your phone or device seemlessly switches over most of the time when it is activated. Sometimes a reboot or Airplane mode toggle is necessary however. I have never experienced a loss of data and calling.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T said they are having problems in the U.P. Thats why the sevice is acting up.

Scholar

• 

173 Messages

10 years ago

The last few days my text messages are taking forever to go through. And I am in Sault Ste Marie.

Scholar

• 

173 Messages

10 years ago

As many problems there is with ATT in the UP, Verizon coverage is pretty bad up here. Verizon has many more gaps in coverage.

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

10 years ago

Drove up north yesterday and no new LTE to report. Disappointing to see that the sites along 75 haven't been upgraded yet, even though LTE equipment has been installed for quite a while. There is now LTE on the north side of Grayling as depicted on the map, but sites in Grayling are still 4G. Mapped it on Sensorly. 

3G speeds here in Lewiston have been terrible the last few days. Almost unusable:( 

No change at the Lovells site. Still E.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

Escanaba, MI has LTE now.

Scholar

• 

151 Messages

10 years ago

EDIT: read the map wrong.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.