Check for service outages
Mjrtom7's profile

Explorer

• 

25 Messages

Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 6:57 PM

Closed

Will Northeast MI ever receive 3G?

I've heard talk about how ATT is "working on their network coverage" and plans to provide 3G service in Northeast MI "in the coming months".  Well, now that another 2 year contract has expired, I'm seriously wondering if I would be better off jumping to Verizon.  The EDGE data network up here if virtually useless.  5 full bars, yet extremely poor data transfer.  

Can anyone provide an HONEST answer as to when this coverage is planned to be upgraded???  Verizon has had 3G for quite a long while up here...

Professor

• 

827 Messages

8 years ago

Cool.  I ported my personal line to T-Mobile though ... my work line is AT&T.

Any word on Drummond Island ?

Scholar

• 

391 Messages

6 years ago

Well, it's been a few years since I've posted here. All sites in Michigan have UMTS and the Edge(2G) network is completely shut down:) yes! LTE now on many sites and more upgrades are planned for this year. Stay tuned!

1 Message

7 months ago

They've largely neglected their network infrastructure and backhaul in northern Michigan, resulting in some regions being two generations behind in terms of cellular technology. Can you confirm if Alpena currently enjoys reliable and operational Verizon 4G LTE coverage? I visited recently and didn't observe LTE connectivity on my iPhone 11.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.