Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Check for service outages
cripeandco's profile

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 17th, 2022 12:27 PM

Why won't my phone work on 5G?

I have a galaxy s20 fe 5G with AT&T business.  Anytime it shows 5G I have no data and cannot get phone calls of messages to work. Airplane mode for a bit and it goes back to lte and works fine but will switch to 5G within a minute or so and stops working. Literally spend half my time toggling airplane mode off and on. I've tried replacing the SIM and resetting network settings. Stores haven't been able to help. Can anyone give me ideas to help resolve this?  Even when I show 5 bars of 5G nothing works.

I don't have the option iphone users have of turning off 5G.  Androids won't let you as it's not on the menu. 

Thanks! 

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

@cripeandco First of all You need to check that your area is compatible of 5G services or not.... I have iPhone 14 but unfortunately in my area there is no 5G Services available.... 

ACE - Professor

• 

3.1K Messages

2 years ago

In my area 50% of the time 5G is no faster than LTE so I have my phone set to LTE only which saves battery life. At home have Wi-Fi. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.