Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Check for service outages
lylewolf's profile

2 Messages

Tuesday, May 14th, 2024 3:13 PM

Why is there no way to report coverage issues?

It is a disservice not to acknowledge coverage issues. Why would a leading service provider not allow its customers to report coverage issues that may exist? First off, the coverage map is inaccurate. At my home and in most indoor locations I frequent, signal is poor with 2 bars or less 5G with no internet and poor call quality. This is unacceptable given these outages are well within mature urban areas.

Former Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

1 month ago

Coverage is not guaranteed every where. It is up to you to find a provider that suits your needs. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

1 month ago

You just said inside!   Read the disclaimer at the bottom.  The map is outdoor coverage.  There are to many variables in buildings to give coverage that way.  It's radio waves construction materials will and do block them.  I work in a building that gives no bars because it's metal with brick on top of it.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.8K Messages

1 month ago

🤦‍♂️

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

1 month ago

Even if you could report it, what good would that do? It's up to customers to select the service provider that works best for them. There's been a lot of changes in the last 10 years.  2G and 3G shutting off, 5G spreading, but not necessarily the best service. 

If you're not happy make choices for yourself. But it's not going to change any of the service providers.  

(edited)

2 Messages

1 month ago

I wholeheartedly disagree and believe any service provider should stand behind their Quality of service, Especially after investing close to $6000 in new phones purchase contracts that bind me to the provider for 3years.

As I see it, the only “choice” I have will be in three years when I will NOT renew with AT&T.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

30 days ago

@lylewolf 

I suggest you read how radio waves work.  Verizon and T mobiles high band stuff will not go thru walls.  If you have 2 to full bars outside you are receiving the signal you should.  

Former Employee

• 

22.5K Messages

30 days ago

Your not bound, no contract can cancel service at any time… just pay off the balance owed on your purchase.

Example… if your (6) lines are costing $300 per month ($50 each) that is $10,800 you will pay over 3 years instead of paying off the $6000 equipment to go to a provider you feel has better coverage.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.4K Messages

30 days ago

@lylewolf 

No provider guarantees coverage indoors, they can't. And the coverage map is just showing how far signal may reach in ideal conditions. Even outdoors per the nature of wireless there is still no guarantee.

Sorry but you want a guaranteed coverage that does not exist for anybody. If AT&T doesn't work for your needs then switch carriers.

And there are no contracts with AT&T. You might have an installment plan on phones purchased. If so if you cancel before the installment is complete then you owe the entire remaining balance, which does not count any remaining promotional credits you may have as those are forfeited.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

29 days ago

@lylewolf 

No honey you did not "invest". 🤦🏼‍♀️

If you bought $6,000 worth of new phones, you have 14 days to return them and port your phone number to a different service provider that works better for you.

There's a reason all service providers have disclaimers on their website which put the burden on the customer to select the best service provider for where they live and work.  

There is a reason all service providers have Wi-Fi calling available so that you can use your home internet network for voice calls and text messages when service indoors is poor. 

The ball is entirely in your court to resolve this problem. If you are past the 14-day return window You will have to pay off your phones in order to leave

The other members of the forum have seen me write this many times over 10 years. I had been a Verizon customer for something like 17 years.   I switched to AT&T in 2014 with one phone line for a month and tested the network everywhere to make sure that it was adequate.  Only then did I switch over all 5 other phone lines and two tablet lines and buy new devices.  

In 2019 I decided to try Verizon again. I put my phone on Verizon prepaid for several months first. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.