Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
B

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jul 3, 2020 12:04 PM

Why is service unacceptably slow to non-existent?

Our service is regularly unacceptably slow to non-existent. Right now, data isn’t even loading. This is typical. It’s too slow to load the online chat, and the last time I called the customer service number, I was passed around from representative to representative for an hour and forty five minutes before they told me they had no idea how to help me. 

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.9K Messages

a month ago

Unless you're in a congested area and on a plan that always deprioritize has data when there is congestion, then you're with the wrong service provider. 

So change carriers.

No carrier can provide service everywhere. It is 100% up to us customers to select the carrier that works best

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

Your reply is 100 percent worthless and condescending to be honest. But thanks for typing. 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.2K Messages

How was that condescending? Based on the information you provided, it’s absolutely true. If your service is always that bad, switching to another carrier is likely the only option to get better service. You can download the Mark the Spot app and report your poor service but that’s not likely to change anything. Calls to customer service are pointless, there is nothing phone agents can do. Sorry you don’t find honest replies helpful.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.9K Messages

a month ago

No. Condescending is what you get when you call AT&T and they give you a lot of placating “I’m sorry‘s” and pass you around to 5 people, and nothing changes.  And nothing ever will because AT&T employees can’t say your best bet is to find a different carrier, because they can’t fix a poor coverage or congested area.   You can.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Get started...

Ask a new question