For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
N

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, February 25th, 2020 5:58 PM

Why doesn't AT&T Wifi Calling work in India?

I was in India recently and it seems AT&T's wifi calling doesn't work in India. T-Mobile wifi calling works and I am pretty sure Verizon does too... Now even Indian Mobile providers like Airtel & Jio offer wifi calling... which means the Indian Authorities allow wifi calling.

Can AT&T look at enabling wifi calling in India?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

Just because it didn’t work for you doesn’t mean it is not enabled. As far as I know, WiFi calling should work from India.

• 

3 Messages

This is whats posted on the AT&T Wifi calling FAQ :)

"Wi-Fi Calling is restricted in the following countries: China, Saudi Arabia, India, Turkey, Israel, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, Pakistan, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria."

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/features/wifi-calling.html

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

Ok, my bad. I did not realize India was a restricted country. Unfortunately, this forum is not customer support. Unlikely ATT will take any action from your post. I’d love to know why India is restricted, though. Especially with so many ATT call centers outsourced there.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

This is my hypothesis- Indian regulator allowed wifi calling to be offered starting 2018. AT&T launched its wifi calling before that and may have interpreted the regulations as saying no operator (indian or international) can offer wifi calling from india VS T-Mobile who didn't care about the indian regulations.

I was hoping AT&T Social Media Team looks at the posts here... anyways, I'll try and reach out in some other way.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.