Check for service outages

AT&T related help: AT&T Wireless support

M

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, December 4th, 2021 3:29 AM

Why do I have poor service in the area I live?

I love right next to austin Tx and the AT&T coverage is one bar. Music won’t play social media won’t load and calls are dropped constantly.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

It’s up to you to choose a carrier that works where your at 

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

AT&T has stores everywhere here where I live and I live next to a cell tower. I’ve called costumer service they say go to the store get a new SIM card. I go Into the store and the people there say “lol yeah they keep sending people in here for new SIM cards and I can assure you it won’t help”. This is getting out of hand prices are going up for services and phones are more expensive than ever just need cell coverage in my neighborhood I can’t even use my phone to walk or jog in the area. It’s unsafe at this point and another thing they will say is get AT&T wifi for better connection. How is that helping cell service for its consumers?

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

4g one bar 

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Come on now it’s not like I live in the woods. Why is the cell service so poor?

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

2 years ago

Stores have nothing to do with service you can have a hundred stores and no service there are 6 Verizon stores within a 30 mile radius from me and can’t get any reasonable service here from Verizon

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

You and I both know the stores have zero to with cell coverage, that did not need to be pointed out. What I was referring to is why would there be numerous AT&T stores in my location if with no cell coverage. I’ve talked to the technicians on the matter I know how close I am to the towers and they have ran diagnostics on the towers they are running just fine. STILL NO CELL COVERAGE! 

• 

7 Messages

2 years ago

Looking for solutions on the matter.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

2 years ago

Simple answer is you picked the wrong carrier.  Pick a different one and transfer your number. No carrier can guarantee service and just because they have a whole bunch of stores does not mean they can actually cover the area with 3 to 4 bars if quality.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

What phone do you have? The 4G you see on your phone may be ATT’s 3G network which is in the process of being shut down. I would expect the Austin area to have good coverage. Perhaps you would have better service on the LTE or 5G network.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

2 years ago

@sandblaster

I didn't even notice that. 

It would explain a lot of the OP was using a phone that is no longer capable of working on AT&T and all but one of the (not so) local Towers is emitting a 3-g signal that the phone can still pick up.

@Markrymo 

Brand and model number? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.