Traveling? Need Access To Wi-Fi? There Is An App For That!
Traveling? Wondering where you can connect to Wi-Fi? With one of our qualifying international packages, the wondering game is over. Download the Global Wi-Fi app now.
Download The App Now!
How To Connect & Find Participating Wi-Fi Hotspots
- Open the AT&T Global Wi-Fi app.
- From the Status screen, locate the Search for Hotspots section and then search using one of the following options:
- Search on Map: Enter a city and country name to locate AT&T international Wi-Fi hotspots in a city you'll visit.
- Find Nearby Hotspots: Wi-Fi networks within range will be displayed on the map and listed under the List option at the top right corner of the screen. For location detail, zoom in and select a pin displayed on the map or select list view.
- To automatically connect to an available Hotspot:
- View hotspots within range in the app: Participating AT&T Global partner and public international Wi-Fi hotspots within signal range are listed on the Status screen under AT&T Global Wi-Fi Hotspots and Public Hotspots.
- Connect to a hotspot: If you have auto sign in turned on in the app Settings screen, your smartphone or tablet may connect automatically, a check mark next to the hotspot name confirms a successful connection. You should now be able to use data over the Wi-Fi hotspot.
To manually connect to a Hotspot:
- iPhone® and iPad®: Go to the iPhone/iPad device Settings menu and select Wi-Fi. Select a network hotspot that has the subtext, AT&T Global Wi-Fi, listed below it. If there are none, select one of the public hotspots listed.
- Android smartphones and tablets: In the AT&T Global Wi-Fi app, select an available hotspot from the list to connect. A check mark to the right of the hotspot name confirms a successful hotspot connection.
To view the list of countries where Wi-Fi access is available, go to att.com/globalcountries.
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.