Check for service outages
Masiero's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 9th, 2018 3:04 AM

The AT&T signal suddenly has bad reception

I usually have good cell signal strength at home but suddenly I have one bar or no service. What gives? Zip code 90005

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

when I call out I can hear the other person fine but they can hear me part of the time.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

When I call out the other person I can hear fine but they can only hear me some of the time.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I, and several others, in my area have experienced the same problem; except at zip code 76271. What gives there?

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

it seems AT&T no longer wishes to be a reliable cellular service provider. I am in area code 75094/Plano Texas, a metropolitan area. Service signal went way down about 2 years ago. I get ONE signal bar inside my home. All AT&T customer service says is to switch over to WiFi calling. It is a good thing I have a quality internet provider.

Today, I turn WiFi calling off and go outside to my back yard and quests what, only get One bar signal. This is very poor service to a lot of AT & T customers!

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Like everyone else here I have the SAME EXACT IDENTICAL PROBLEM.

I travel the entire boot of Louisiana and almost all of Mississippi for my job and the problem was and is EVERYWHERE I GO. I ALWAYS have only 1 - 2 bars. Even when I'm in a well covered area and have full signal (4 - 5 bars) everyone says that I'm breaking up, they can't hear me and that I'll have to call back when I have better signal/service. This happens when I call suppliers at the offices or warehouses.

It started almost two years ago with an iPhone XS. MANY phone calls to Customer Service and Tech Support, with all the same "troubleshooting" techniques - turn airplane mode on/off, turn the phone off and back on, reset network settings, swap sim, report problem using Mark The Spot app (a joke as previously mentioned), etc., etc., etc. (ad nausium). I even put the phone in DFU mode and set it up as a new device hoping this would fix things (it didn't). Finally convinced Apple to swap the phone out and guess what.......same issue all over again, all the time.

A friend stated that his iPhone XS Max worked great (on Verizon), so I thought, "Maybe this will work. Bigger screen, bigger battery, maybe better antenna's." Guess what? You guessed it - SAME EXACT IDENTICAL PROBLEM.

Calls to Customer Service, Tech Support, reset network settings, factory reset,..........until I convince Apple to swap out yet another device and guess what - SAME EXACT IDENTICAL PROBLEM.

Thankfully, they gave me an unlocked phone.

I have put a Verizon sim as well as a T-Mobile sim and guess what - I had signal 98% of the time! On the EXACT SAME IPHONE. My calls were crystal clear and everyone understood everything that I said. I never got a single complaint.

All of the issues mentioned here happened on my Galaxy S10e. Got the phone thinking it was the intel modem in the iPhones that was the problem. THE SAME EXACT IDENTICAL ISSUES HAPPENED WITH THE GALAXY S10e.

Friends on Cricket have the SAME EXACT IDENTICAL ISSUES.

It's AT&T's network - PERIOD!

AT&T is so determined to save that $6 billion dollars that they have cut jobs, laid people off, outsourced the back-end, customer service and tech support overseas, closed offices, etc. Their wireless service has suffered - and so have AT&T's customers. I have spoken with AT&T techs who have actually told me that they can't even get the tools they need to do their jobs correctly. Calls to CS or Tech support are almost always answered by someone out of the country.

A simple search will turn up ample results on this cost-cutting $6 billion dollar savings journey they have JUST BEGUN.

I have tried so hard for almost two solid years to work this out with AT&T and I can honestly say that I can't take this any longer. Close friends and family are constantly telling me that they have NEVER seen ANYONE have SOOO MUCH TROUBLE WITH CELL PHONES.

If you are just starting out with AT&T and are having these issues - STOP! FIND ANOTHER CARRIER! YOU WILL REGRET THIS! A different phone won't fix this. A replacement phone won't fix this. Calls to Customer Service or Tech Support won't fix this. Reporting issues using the Mark the Spot app won't fix this. This won't be fixed until customers leave in a mass exodus.You will pay slightly more for Verizon but YOU WILL HAVE SERVICE MOST OF THE TIME. Even T-Mobile has better service than AT&T.

Once AT&T has lost most of its customer base, then and only then will they stop trying to save money ........ at it's customers' expense

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have one bar or no service at home and I usually have good signal strength. Past 7 hours. zip code 90077

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have only had one or no bars in my home. I always have good cell strength signal. past 7 hours. zip code 90077

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I have a company supplied phone, of course its leased by AT&T as they were the cheapest bidder. Im on the verge of losing my job due to unable to get calls, return calls, understand/be understood while on a call, dropping incoming and outgoing calls. My supervisor isnt an understanding type. Really helps the economy on unemployment, but ive not seen any reply from corporate AT&T in reference to their customers dissatisfaction in this forum. I feel for the hand tied employees that deals with such a simple problem yet beyond what they can do. The demise of companies that ignored customer feedback ( Sears, Yahoo, Kmart, etc) isnt rattling cages or ringing warning? If a company has not customers, how much does it earn? 

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

This has started happening to me.  The caller starts breaking up but the caller can hear me fine.  Bars drop down to one or two on my new iPhone.  AT&T 33480 zip code Florida.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Serious service deterioration here in 07922 (NJ). Cannot get data anymore and voice keeps breaking up inside house on calls. Used to be OK, now unacceptable.

I've tried calling and Twitter but so far NO RESPONSE from AT&T aside from canned responses.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.