Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
Vixey1's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Feb 15, 2019 1:51 AM

Terrible 5G service

My phone has been slower at sending texts and the battery dies faster since on 5g.  Isnt it supposed to be better?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Fl_retire

ACE - Professor

• 

2K Messages

3 y ago

@Vixey1   ATT just changed the LTE display on your phone to 5G e  Your phone does not have 5G radios installed. You will have to purchase a new 5G phone when they become available later this year. Link below has article on this. 

https://www.zdnet.com/article/t-mobile-mercilessly-mocks-at-t-for-5g-claim/

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

Either way, my service started sucking the day that 5e appeared on my phone.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

2 y ago

Me too. Seems that the ATT service has gotten slower and slower. I have a work phone with verizon and its twice as fast (when I can even get an ATT signal) Im so fed up with the crappy speeds and the worse customer service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

Since 5g has been active our service has been the worst we have ever had, not happy with this with my bill costing nearly 450 a month. I called to get some help, at&t assistant started a case and stated “I’ll run it up the ladder and it’ll get worked on and you’ll be contacted back within 72hrs” yeah right.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

Ever since my phone went to 5G E service has been terrible! I have been with AT&T for 18 years but thinking I might switch. This is awful!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

Coincidence that my Samsung S9 started having reception problems when that 5GE started showing up? I don't know but I'm getting emails from customers complaining that they can't get through to me when I'm not even using my phone.

Switched to AT&T out of spite because Verizon cancelled my grandfathered  true unlimited hotspot plan. I'm regretting the decision more and more. At&T is cheaper by almost $300/month for 10 phones so I'm in a conundrum 

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

1 m ago

ATT uses fake 5g. The call it 5ge which is a fancy name for lte. Yet they say oh it’s because you don’t have a 5g plan. Frauds

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.