Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
L

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jan 17, 2020 6:04 AM

Sudden loss of coverage at my house, affecting everyone's device.

We had a strong 3-4 bars at our house yesterday, but I woke up to 0-1 bars. I looked up troubleshooting and coverage outages, and no help whatsoever. And it's not the SIM card, it's a coverage error from AT&T as everone in our house had the problem. We live fairly rural, but a sudden drop without communication from anybody at AT&T? I already called the help desk, and was told to wait until the 21st for a tech to contact me. I'm fairly convinced that they are going to try to convince me to buy boosters.

I'd REALLY like some communication from anyone from AT&T to tell me what is going on. Is this a usual thing for AT&T to do? Drop coverage for people without any explanation? We just switched 3 weeks ago, and we really want this to work. I'm just really lost.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.6K Messages

10 months ago

This is not AT&T and not how you contact them.

AT&T does not sell boosters, never did. They also no longer sell the MicroCell, they have not sold the MicroCell in 2 years. You can turn on Wi-Fi calling if your phones are capable.
Unfortunately only AT&T can tell you if there is an outage, Tower being serviced, or if they have lost a tower lease and will not be able to give you the same level of coverage that you had. I would call again, and start shopping for a new carrier just in case.

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

44.4K Messages

10 months ago

There could be a tower issue. Whatever it is, don’t expect any communication from ATT. They have no idea what customers are impacted or who to contact. No carrier would. It could also be a change in frequency bands used in your area. If you brought phones from your previous carrier, they might not be fully compatible with ATT’s frequencies. Download the Mark the Spot app and report your degraded signal through the app. If there is a tower issue, you should get a response with details.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

Update: Data is back after I got a text that said they were working on the issue. Maybe they even made it better, as we have stronger connection it seems. All good here. Just gotta call em.

Get started...

Ask a new question