Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
C

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Oct 22, 2020 10:06 PM

Signal Booster

I am told that I need to register the Signal Booster in my new BMW. Where do I do that?

Responses

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

13K Messages

a month ago

Is this something that came with the car or is this a mobile booster that you purchased separately?

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

It came with the car and the owners manual says it needs to be registered with your carrier,

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.6K Messages

a month ago

Signal Boosters need to be registered with the FCC.    That registration does mention which carrier you are using the signal booster with.

I'm not aware that any automobile comes with a signal booster,  {Google searched the xbeemers do have built in boosters} is this perhaps automobile Wi-Fi? (completely different! And requires signing up for paid service)

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

This specific Booster  I have found is exempt because it is installed in the car!!

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.6K Messages

a month ago

Exempt from FCC registration? That is not correct. There is no way and no reason to register a signal booster with any carrier. The only registration is through the FCC

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

13K Messages

a month ago

Do you have the model or name of the installed signal booster? This is most strange.

Update: A little digging around and the "signal booster", called a compensator is to be used when a cell phone is connected to the charging station and is only useful for the connected phone, not other phones in the car. Try: https://secure45.securewebsession.com/attsignalbooster.com/

Don't know it that link is still accurate but it's worth a try. The booster mfr is Kathrein Automotive Model.

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question