Earbuds, cases, wireless speakers, and the latest devices. We've got the season's hottest gifts!
Check for service outages
rife001's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Oct 14, 2019 6:25 AM

Seeking Advice for Coverage Issues w/NO followup - Harassed when attempting to remove Line

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].. Looking for advice. Thank you all SO much in advance for help/advice. I do not take any suggestions as legal advice, only opinions.

Brief Timeline: 

1/2018: Fires and Mudslides have hit SB and Carpinteria and taken homes, lives, and cell-towers. 

2/2018-12/2018: Called ATT for updates... Received ONE $20 discount (Had 5 unlimited lines at that point, have 4 now).... "Working on service/tower updates" 

*SERVICE HAS NEVER IMPROVED - ATT coverage maps show all of Carpinteria as "Dark Blue" - Fully covered... I CANT EVEN SEND A TEXT if I am not on Wifi!!! - Iphone X* 

Every-time I call now, I get "disconnected"  - I first laughed about this because I assumed it was proof, but eventually realized that I am actually just being hung-up on based on our company's IT guy running data... 😞 

I recently had a friend on my plan (w/fully paid phone) decide to migrate away from the area and from ATT... I called to cxl his plan... I was, by ALL definitions, harassed by the employee that eventually called me back. - Literally told my friend who was moving away that he was "ignorant" for changing his plan, even though I explained that it was DONE and he already had a new phone. I was belittled, humiliated, and harassed by ATT to remove one line! (Wend down from 5-4 lines)...

I WANT OUT!!!! I have been with att since the FIRST DAY the iphone came out.... Good at first, now I feel like a harassed prisoner. 

PLEASE HELP! Just getting hung up on time and time again. Should I go to reddit? Can anyone help?

- Frustrated (hopefully FORMER) customer 

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.9K Messages

3 years ago

Legal discussions are not allowed here, you won’t get any legal advice. If you want to leave ATT, leave. If ATT isn’t providing the coverage you need where you need it, it’s up to you to find a carrier that does.

ACE - Sage

• 

102K Messages

3 years ago

I don’t understand the drama? If you have been over one year with in adequate service, then change carriers. Depending on which phone you have it may work on the other carrier.  
do not need to call AT&T in order to switch carriers. All you need to do is walk into the new carrier of your choice with your AT&T account number, which is on your bill, and your security pin code. I have a new carrier port all your numbers away from AT&T.   You do have to call and cancel tablet or watch lines, because most carriers will not port those numbers.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.