Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sun, Mar 22, 2015 10:31 PM

Poor service

Am I the only one in the Livingston Texas area that gets poor reception from AT&T?  I have been with AT&T for 6 or 7 years.  When I first switched over they had the best coverage around Livingston, but in the last few years their reception has gone from bad to worse.  You can barely  make a call or send a text from inside the AT&T store across the street from Walmart.  You can also forget using your phone inside Walmart or just about any store on the West side of town.  I  live less than a mile from Walmart and I have to go outside and stand on one foot to make a call.  This is absolutely  ridiculous for 2015.  They have one or two towers around Livingston and they are several miles out of town.  If something doesn't  happen very soon I will no longer be using AT&T.  Verizon has put up multiple towers in the area in the last few years, they apparently  know how to satisfy  their customers.

Responses

MR_SMiT

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

6 years ago

@IBleaving wrote:

Am I the only one in the Livingston Texas area that gets poor reception from AT&T?  I have been with AT&T for 6 or 7 years.  When I first switched over they had the best coverage around Livingston, but in the last few years their reception has gone from bad to worse.  You can barely  make a call or send a text from inside the AT&T store across the street from Walmart.  You can also forget using your phone inside Walmart or just about any store on the West side of town.  I  live less than a mile from Walmart and I have to go outside and stand on one foot to make a call.  This is absolutely  ridiculous for 2015.  They have one or two towers around Livingston and they are several miles out of town.  If something doesn't  happen very soon I will no longer be using AT&T.  Verizon has put up multiple towers in the area in the last few years, they apparently  know how to satisfy  their customers.

What kind of phone are you using now, is it the same device when you first switched to AT&T?  The city you're talking about AT&T suppose to have excellent service, according to their coverage map.Smiley Surprised

Hardcore Pittsburgh Steelers Fan
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

They have all been smartphones from IPhone to Samsung and a Motorola too.  I know some use different  frequencies, but everyone I know with AT&T has the same issue in our area.  This is just my last ditch effort to get someone with any power to do something about it.  At least come check it out for themselves.  I hate switching providers, but Verizon has really improved their customer satisfaction lately.  

MR_SMiT

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

6 years ago

@IBleaving wrote:

They have all been smartphones from IPhone to Samsung and a Motorola too.  I know some use different  frequencies, but everyone I know with AT&T has the same issue in our area.  This is just my last ditch effort to get someone with any power to do something about it.  At least come check it out for themselves.  I hate switching providers, but Verizon has really improved their customer satisfaction lately.  

I see you made comments in "other" people post. If I may ask, how is T-Mobile's coverage in your area? Worse than AT&T or same?Smiley Wink

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Tried T-Mobile years ago and their signal was not very good.  There have been lot's  of new towers  put up in the last few years so they have probably improved.

Busternutt

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

6 years ago

Sensorly, which is actual readings sent by users from their devices, doesn't show many readings for Livingstone. The one shown, however, shows a pretty good signal running due north/south on hiway 59, west of Livingstone.

T Moble shows more readings and looks to be pretty decent. Remember, these are actual readings sent in by users.

"Customers helping customers; not always successfully"
MR_SMiT

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

6 years ago

@IBleaving wrote:

Tried T-Mobile years ago and their signal was not very good.  There have been lot's  of new towers  put up in the last few years so they have probably improved.

I assume these new towers belong to T-Mobile, not AT&T? Hope things get better for you, last resort have to switch to carrier that gets the best coverage.Smiley Surprised

Get started...

Ask a new question