J

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Oct 17, 2021 9:33 PM

Poor Cell Service

I have been an AT&T customer for many years. I moved from Carrollton, TX to The Villages, FL (southern most part of Wildwood, FL to the east of The Florida Turnpike). The service was strong, and my phone worked fine in Texas. Now in Florida, I regularly get one bar of signal, and quality suffers. The other day I had no signal, and I was told my another resident that AT&T service is terrible in our area and was told to switch to Verizon.

I have an iPhone Xr. I have been quite happy with AT&T over the years, and I am not one quick to jump to another provider without trying to fix the issue before doing so.

The Villages where I live has experienced explosive growth over the past 1-2 years. If you look at Google Earth today, you will probably see very little development, and in many areas there is no development. This is not reality today. The landscape has radically changed, and houses and businesses extend from nearly County Road 470, which intersects The Florida Turnpike, north toward Ocala. Google Earth images are terribly out of date and are unrelliable.

Can you tell me if AT&T is aware of this issue, has surveyed it, and plans to do anything to improve service? If unaware, then what is the process for reporting it, or will this post suffice?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Constructive

Employee

• 

24.3K Messages

1 m ago

Jump ship if service isn’t working for you 

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

I assume you missed the part about my customer loyalty and a preference to try to fix an issue rather than leave it. 

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

1 m ago

Unfortunately these days it’s best to switch until you’re satisfied. Otherwise you won’t get nowhere. Loyalty no longer exists in my world. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.