Nananwt's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Jul 15, 2016 9:46 PM

NoVA cell service is TERRIBLE!

what has happened to service in Norther Virginia?  I used to have 5 bars at my house...now lucky to have 1.  Almost all areas within 5 miles of Springfield have little service and you can't make calls, calls drop CONSTANTLY...forget trying to conduct a business call...much less a personal one.  Have had AT&T FOREVER but am so fed up, going to check with other carriers.  It isn't just me...hubby has an android...neighbors say the same thing.  Everyone is going to dump around here since we pay a HEFTY cost for phone service and can't use it!  Rollover minutes are great...but never get to use them...can't get calls to go through.  does anyone have any idea what has changed so drastically in the past 6 months or so?

tried to find a link to send AT&T a message cause the folks answering phones are clueless about it....but alas, no links. Only the blog.  

ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

180K Messages

6 y ago

Hi there @Nananwt!

I’m sorry to hear that service in your area has degraded so heavily over the past months! I would be remiss to see you leave us, but indeed, strong signal is vital to any phone service.

What kind of phone are you using? If you have an iPhone 6 or later you may want to try using WiFi Calling instead! This is a great workaround for areas with poor reception or signal problems. We’ve even expanded this feature to cover a limited number of Android phones recently!

Alternatively I would suggest looking into our Microcell! It works in a very similar way to Wi-Fi Calling, but for phones who do not yet have access to it.

Sorry you found our phone support so poor. Coverage can be hard to ensure 100% of the time, but there’s no excuse for poor customer care!

You can contact us online here, if you prefer. Many people prefer the convenience and ease of the online experience!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 y ago

I am on the Eastern Shore of VA and experiencing the same loss of signal...used to have four or five on the main highway and at work and now barely one. Cannot understand what the problem is and I have been a loyal ATT customer for 15 years or more. Everyone else around here has Verizon, is that my problem? Or is it the brand new Samsung Note 4 I just bought? I am thinking I should look into Verizon, I hate to leave ATT because customer service has always been superior to Verizon in my book, and that's what I tell all my Verizon friends, but now there is not even an ATT store I can go to except VA Beach which is 1.5 hour drive and hefty Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel toll $17. If anyone from ATT is here please advise! I have a WeBoost cell booster at home and I can't even get text messages anymore. Frustrated in the boonies!

ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

180K Messages

6 y ago

You can contact us online here, if you prefer. Many people prefer the convenience and ease of the online experience!

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 y ago

Wow, what terrific customer service from AT&T! I used the CHAT feature and within a few minutes my situation was understood by their online tech person, who could tell I only get about 1/2 bar reception in my home in a rural area. They are sending me a Microcell to see if this will resolve my non-reception problem. Also a new SIM as mine is getting old. THANKS AT&T! This is the reason I have been a loyal customer since 2005, despite the fact there are NO AT&T stores within 1.5 hours of my home and everyone else uses Verizon!

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.