Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thu, Aug 23, 2018 3:29 PM

Note9 AKG Headphones Offer - How to Redeem?

I preordered Note 9 no problem received it yesterday....had to argue with them to get the promotion of free AKG headphones.

Just spent 30 mins on phone asking where they were.( promotional headphone) Mind you while having to answering the same question in  many different ways. If the person on the other end would listen to what you are asking....there would be no need to ask and answer ask and answer over and over again....

Only to have them tell me it will take 6-8 weeks for them to be mailed. I said don't you think that was important enough to tell me when I ordered?

All you get is I am so sorry for the inconvenience...AT&T customer service is horrible.  Then want to tell you thanks for using AT&T have a great day...to which I interrupted and so oh no don't even tell me that after doing nothing for me. Then hung up.

Responses

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

At&t has nothing to do with the quality of the phone or the headphone
offer, which was direct from Samsung. So rage away.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77K Messages

2 years ago

@IgotJipped wrote:

I still have not received my headphones. 

Not only is the Note 9 THE WORST NOTE phone (3rd one) I've owned and the most expensive,  but I

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

Do you file the paperwork on Samsungpromotions.com?  Or the Samsung plus app?

No

I received no directions

I finally found this site tonight

@GLIMMERMAN76 wrote:

Do you file the paperwork on Samsungpromotions.com?  Or the Samsung plus app?

have not received my headphones either!

Great job ATT

At&t had nothing to do with it (as this thread explains).   This is like blaming Home Depot for the quality of your new refrigerator.   

Att is a retailer, as is Verizon, Sprint, T-mobile, Best Buy, Walmart, target etc.   If you have a faulty phone, contact Samsung for warranty.  (Att can also do a warranty exchange, but I don’t recommend).  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

WRONG ANSWER
AT&T sells a product in PARTNERSHIP with Samsung.
You had 100 commercials a day touting this phone if purchased through YOUR COMPANY and the headphones and/or video game you would receive.
AT&T could have included information from their PARTNER to ensure s smoith process for YOUR CUSTOMER...
If Samsung, dropped the ball, you could have done something to protect your customer. 
Both Mega-Billion Dollar Companies cheated 1000's of your customers. 
Is this what keeps you in the Black, deception and games played?
A simple email, piece of paper, notice, joint "something" to keep your customers happy!
Your last answer explained to me your Loyalty and also confirms my soon to ending 15+ years with 4 phones, couple of tablets relationship meant....ZERO 
Joseph HaneyPSThis is far from over, the Media Blitz will begin soon!!!!!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

So Samsung does an offer, their offer, and tell you how to redeem where a
ton of people had mo problem. But you did. So you get mad at at&t. I got my
note 9, my free note 9 and my two sets of free headphones. Because I looked
up how to do it and it was posted everywhere. Take responsibility for once.
You messed up, you lost out, stop blaming everyone but yourself.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77K Messages

2 years ago

@IgotJipped

Dude, you are out there on so many points. 

1.  Not “my company “.  Don’t work here, don’t own stock.  They provide cell service to 3 of my 4 phones.  

2.   At&t and Samsung are not partners , subsidiaries or anything of the sort.  

3.   All carriers show off the service and products they sell.  I’ve seen Sprint, T-mobile, ATT and Verizon as well as Various prepaid carriers advertise iPhone with their service plans.  I suppose Apple owns all of them?  

FYI all carriers advertise the products, deals and how to redeem on their website sales pages. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I would "take blame" if I ignored the directions.While are you judge me?
This whole thing stinks, you are a typical reason of THE DECEPTION. 
If AT&T communicated, yes communicated to their customers, there would not he a problem.
Apparently you are not a good communicator either as you are negatively blasting people.
Thank you for putting it in writing, I am sure everyone will enjoy reading this...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am writing to say that this is Renee. I keep getting replies to an issue about some headphones. This has been an ongoing issue. I would like to say that I am not having this issue! I dont own a Note! I have a galaxy s9 plus. Someone has used my account to badmouth ATT! In my opinion this person who keeps using my email to complain about their issue! I would like to apologize for this! He/she must be very stupid to not at least call. But some people just like to gripe and STEAL my name and email. Again I am sorry and I have changed my password and even deleted myself from the community.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

They stole your log in credentials to get customer service help on at&t
website . . . Ok . . . Happens all the time I guess.

Get started...

Ask a new question